Workforce Management – Forecasting Analyst
Position Summary: The Workforce Optimization — Forecasting Analyst will be responsible for studying contact center trends, including demand (call volume and AHT) trends and supply (staffing hours, shrink, occupancy variables, staff productivity) variables. The candidate is expected to provide analyses to forecast and schedule contact center capacity management and staffing needs. To most effectively support our business, candidates for this role must be analytical, detail oriented, be energetic, and have exceptional time management skills. This position supports a team of call center representatives in RCA’s 24/7/365 Contact Center operations and ensures internal and external key performance indicators are attained while delivering against the company’s tactical business plans across multiple departments.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Performs continuous analysis and projects if resulting metrics will increase or decrease demand volume in the long-term (typically 12- 18 months ).
- Captures call baseline data, recording and removing volume-driven events, determines historical patterns, incorporates incremental drivers, and incorporates shrinkage patterns through analysis of past data.
- Predicts future impact on demand drivers.
- Analyzes and interprets staffing model results by isolating and analyzing trends and assessing business impacts.
- Develops a long-term service level plan with specific actions based on gaps identified by the model.
- Meets with management to review staffing models and to make improvements on future forecasts.
- Designs, builds and maintains databases and/or spreadsheets tracking key service statistics. Determines long-term needs and loads the forecast into the WFM system.
- Produces demand volume forecasts on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis for multi-site blend inbound, outbound, email and chat campaigns.
- Monitor service level performance across assigned departments, identifying gaps and driving actions necessary for real time mitigation.
- Develop and maintain contact center reporting, that provides insights to key performance indicators and is consistent across care groups.
- Identify opportunities for improving the customer experience and cost efficiencies, through self-service and contact mitigation technology solutions.
- Calibrate and partner with workforce management team members establishing best practices and process improvements.
- Review net staffing plans and facilitate schedule adjustments in workforce management tools to cover any projected gaps (OT, meeting, training, break optimization, etc).
- Assist operations and IT partners during technology outages, through providing visibility and impact analysis, and managing frontline resources appropriately.
- Serves as expert on WFM software and may be point of contact for systems related issues.
Non-Essential Duties/ Responsibilities: Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Mathematics, Business, Statistics or related field.
- 3 years forecasting experience in a centralized call center environment; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience working with frontline operations teams, with demonstrated ability to relate WFM processes and objectives to broader business issues and vice versa.
- Experience building in-depth long-term forecasting and staffing models in Excel.
- Experience managing forecasting, productivity analysis, and budget projections.
- Experience driving efficiency gains through the implementation of contact center technology.
- Project management experience.
- Experience working in a substance abuse facility, Crisis Center, Emergency Room, Triage unit, EMT, 911 Call Center environment
- Experience (professionally or personally) in the treatment of addiction or mental health
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to provide constructive feedback to both management and staff, Strong analytical, problem solving, decision-making and time management skills
- Salary is commensurate with degree and/or experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to provide constructive feedback to both management and staff
- Strong analytical, problem solving, decision-making and time management skills
- Ability to plan well and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to negotiate or overcome barriers
- Proficient documentation skills
- Strong listening skills
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and react effectively to the changing needs of families and clients
- Ability to multi-task and appropriately prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced environment, with strong focus on attention to detail, and excellent communication skills
- Accurate and fast computer skills
Performance Competencies: Core competencies identify behaviors and skills all employees are expected to demonstrate in order to carry help out the mission and goals of the organization.
- Persuasiveness/Sales ability
- Individual Leadership/Influencing
- Motivational Fit
- Attention to Detail
- Building Customer Trust
- Communication (non-written)
- Decision Making