UX Web Designer – Genetworx
GENETWORx is a lab with the central focus of positively impacting the lives of people. With expertise in COVID-19, pharmacogenetic testing, and personalized health, GENETWORx is a CAP accredited and CLIA certified laboratory. That accreditation is the gold standard awarded to clinical laboratories that exceed inspection qualifications and ensure a consistent level of service that positively impacts patient care. Owned by Recovery Centers of America, GENETWORx quickly pivoted in March 2020 to become a leading provider of COVID-19 tests. GENETWORx offers cutting-edge molecular diagnostics and direct to consumer products that will change the accessibility and accuracy of healthcare as we know it.
The UX Web Designer for GENETWORx will be part of the GENETWORx Marketing Team, based out of King of Prussia, PA, and work closely with the GENETWORx lab team based in VA.
The UX Web Designer will be responsible for developing and implementing B2B / B2C / B2G eCommerce solutions for GENETWORx, including analysis, design, development and ensuring QA for the lab’s many digital projects. Reporting to the Digital Marketing Director, this position will support our online marketing goals focused on best in class customer experience and increased sales. If you are an experienced, talented UX designer who has broken new ground in creating and optimizing websites and are looking to leave your mark on a growing company, this role is for you.
The GENETWORx UX Web Designer is responsible for creating engaging and intuitive user interfaces to support the B2B, B2G and B2C consumer journey on GENETWORx.com and other websites being developed or soon to be developed. Our ideal candidate will be able to help grow and shape the brand essence into an elegantly designed digital experience. With a strong grasp of HTML/CSS, the UX designer will design the overall look and feel while collaborating closely with the web developer to translate mockups into a fully functioning website or web page.
Finding inspiration in consumer research, competitors, and analytics, the UX Web Designer will be able to utilize user trends and data to create landing pages, sitemaps, wireframes and online assets. The UX Web Designer will comfortably iterate on existing user flows based on analytics and recommend improved experiences.
Comfortable working in a challenging, fast-paced environment, the ideal candidate is creative but able to aggressively identify and diagnose problems in the consumer journey. This individual is results driven and desires to work on a diversity of projects with strong communication and multi-tasking skills.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional team to ideate wireframes, sitemaps and production files to support a world class online experience. Construct design solutions for evolving brand and web requirements.
- Facilitate requirement gatherings to ensure technical feasibility and advise on best practices.
- Utilize best practices for interactive, responsive design, usability, mobile and accessibility.
- Collaborate with the digital team to develop content strategies and landing pages.
- Conduct data analysis on website performance using Google Analytics, heat maps, and other tools.
- Identify site optimization opportunities based on data analysis, industry standards, and independent research. Utilize insights from research and analytics to form new iterations, features or functionality.
- Create web style guidelines and templates based on requirements.
- Package and hand off production assets, documentation and specification for development.
- Incorporate feedback from stakeholders to iterate designs.
- Assist in maintaining world-class WordPress and Magento eCommerce websites.
- Participate in implementation and testing of website functionality.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in Graphic Design, User Experience or a related field.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience as a proven UX designers
- Proficient in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision or other design/prototyping tools
- Proficient in various web standards, web analytics and SEO
- Advanced understanding of responsive web design and designing for accessibility
- Preferred experience in WordPress and Magento eCommerce site development
- A strong eye for translating design, visual appeal and ease of navigation
- Expertise in Google Analytics and website optimization tools, including A/B testing
- Experience working collaboratively with web developers and key stakeholder to create a customer experience that generates demand
- Ability to work independently and autonomously with solid decision-making skills and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and strong project and time management skills
- High energy self-starter who is passionate about digital engagement experiences
- Laser focused attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as an articular and positive problem-solving attitude
- Familiar with marketing automation platforms and integrating them into websites