Recovery Centers of America at King of Prussia
"I love working at RCA because I love the mission we serve, and because of our patients and teammates. This is the most passionate, caring group of people in our industry, and they work harder than anyone else to help save lives. The daily professional and personal growth I get by taking on new challenges and constantly living outside of my comfort zone is unmatched." Mike F. RCA Mission Center
In 2013, Recovery Centers of America (RCA) announced a goal: Save one million lives from the disease of addiction. We’re working fast and hard to fulfill that promise, with over 11 facilities that offer evidence-based inpatient, outpatient, and medication-assisted treatment 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We know one size doesn’t fit all when it comes to addiction treatment; that’s why we tailor our treatment for each patient and offer specialized programs for patients with trauma and multiple recurrences, as well as programs for older adults, first responders, and more.
We believe in the power of local treatment, because families are a huge part of the treatment and recovery process at RCA. Our family program rebuilds, restores, or strengthens family relationships.
Our curriculum, resources, and evidence-based care were created to help patients not just achieve recovery, but maintain it for life. All of our services and treatment are delivered by clinical expertise – that’s where you come in.
All of our services and treatment is delivered by compassionate, dedicated expertise – that’s where you come in.
As a Treatment Advisor, you’ll be a part of our heroic mission of helping millions of people jumpstart their recovery. Your passion for fighting back against the disease of addiction will aid in patient recovery. As often the first point of contact with RCA, Treatment Advisors have the exciting yet intense role of speaking with patients, their families, hospitals, and anyone looking for help for addiction. Not only will you have the opportunity to connect people with the help they need, but you’ll be saving lives on a daily basis.
If you’re looking for a fulfilling, life-changing job, Recovery Centers of America is the right place for you. And you’re the right candidate for us!
While coordinating patient admission to a facility the Treatment Advisor exercises compassion, empathy, passion and care in every interaction. The process for admissions includes verifying insurance, processing payment, scheduling the patient at the facility, and preparing our patient for the recovery process. It is also expected that the Treatment Advisor will answer general questions, triage calls accordingly and/or provide resources and information upon request. They will also follow up with previous callers who have not yet been admitted to a facility but are still in need of help.
The Treatment Advisor is an advanced role in the Treatment Advisor Career Progression. The Treatment Advisor is required to be in this role for a minimum of six (6) months before being eligible to advance to the Senior Treatment Advisor role, and must have served has an Associate Treatment Advisor for the six (6) months prior to being eligible for the Treatment Advisor role.
As a growing, healthcare company there are opportunities for Treatment Advisors to manage teams, attend training sessions, coach and mentor others, join in quality control sessions and lead projects critical to the growth of the company. This is an opportunity for someone looking to advance their career to a management position.
* Promptly receives and processes inbound Admission Center interactions via phone, email, chat and/or social media channels
* Comforts, motivates, and inspires patients to accept help and successfully intervenes, as needed
* Follows defined policies and procedures, responsible for all phases of the Admissions process from providing program and services information and triage to completing the intake process for admission including, but not limited to:
* Pre-screens patients for treatment, identifying psychosocial, mental health and medical issues
* Ensures intake documentation is accurate in the RCA salesforce.com system and other relevant systems/technologies
* Responsible for the accurate collection of fees including co-pays, deductibles and all other out-of-pocket, cash collections (i.e. full self-pay payment plans) required as part of the process
* Reviews and understands insurance eligibility, determines which benefits are available and communicates options to our patient
* Assesses facility and bed availability based on patient needs and schedules logistics for admissions, including reserving a bed, transportation and intervention services as necessary/requested
* Works collaboratively with the Admissions Center team members, field business development team, the facility, and professionals in the community to support desired outcome for our patient
* Works with urgency to obtain the patient’s commitment to treatment and provide quick admission into one of our facilities
* Adheres to service levels, goals and metrics that measure the performance of the Admission Center, its team members and its services
* Adheres to all regulatory and compliance policies while exhibiting nothing but compassion, professionalism and care for our patient always
* Will adhere to quality assurance guidelines as evidenced by monthly call reviews, daily maintenance of all systems, email, team members communication, and maintain up to date required training
* 2+ year’s professional experience in healthcare, customer service or sales in an admission center environment preferred
* Proficiency in Microsoft office. Salesforce experience a plus
* Demonstrated experience providing empathetic and compassionate care for individuals in need
* Experience working in a substance abuse facility, in the treatment of addiction or mental health
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Job Knowledge: Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, and is in command of critical issues.
Integrity: Upholds personal and professional ethics and values, considering the values of the organization and respecting the culture, beliefs, and abilities of individuals.
Ability to deal with difficult people: The ability to respond to difficult customer behavior with diplomacy and tact, including diffusing anger, creating rapport and influencing behavior.
Resilience: Must be able to cope with stressful and adverse situations, rebound quickly, and then learn from experience.