Senior Program Lead – Digital Health
The Project Manager provides leadership on internal operational projects or programs from initiation through delivery. Gathers required data from end users to evaluate objectives, goals, and scope to define deliverables. Ensure that all targets and requirements are met and are completed on schedule and within budget. Work closely with various internal departments to ensure successful completion of projects. Keep leadership informed of key issues that may impact project completion, budget, or other results.
- Meet with business leaders and stakeholders to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project.
- Leads the planning and implementation of a project.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals.
- Provides direction and support to the project team.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, and deliverables; define project tasks and resource requirement.
- Present reports defining project progress, problems, and solutions.
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members.
- Use and continually develop leadership skills.
Education and Experience
- 5-7 years’ experience in project management
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, SmartSheet or other project management software and/or collaboration and time management tool
- Experience with process improvement and inventory control
- PMP Certification or comparable project management certification is an asset
- Advanced time management and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent client-facing communication skills
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility: Ability to promise and deliver results, build effective relationships and establish a reliable track record.
- Impact and Influence: Works effectively with and through others including those whom there is no formal authority over.
- Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external deadlines in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
- Planning: Develops realistic plans, sets goals, aligns plans with company goals, plans for and manages resources, creates contingency plans, coordinates/cooperates with others.
- Integrity: Upholds personal and professional ethics and values, considering the values of RCA and respecting the culture, beliefs and abilities of individuals.
Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, clinics, hospitals, or out-patient facilities. They spend much of their time on their feet, actively working with patients.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.