Regulatory Research & Licensing Specialist
Summary: Work collaboratively with all departments to effectively coordinate and integrate quality management and compliance with regulatory requirements and company practices. The Regulatory Research and Licensing Specialist will support RCA new market development efforts. This position will complete due diligence for any new market developments to include any service lines and/or states in which RCA is not operational. This position will research industry best practices within the service line or state and will provide recommendations regarding program development and operational development. This position will also coordinate all licensing efforts for both new and existing service lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support search, development and submission of federal, state, local and accrediting agency applications.
- Develop and maintain database of regulatory requires in all states. Ensure database is updated as regulations/requirements change
- Provide feedback to corporate senior leadership as well as site leadership of all regulatory changes
- Work as a Compliance liaison for Business acquisition team, ensuring that this team has appropriate information related to licensing time frames and any barriers to RCA providing services within the area currently being requested.
- Collaborate with Clinical, Operations and Quality team to ensure complete and accurate regulatory matrix is available.
- Assist with the respond to regulatory information requests to ensure consistency, accuracy and timeliness.
- Assist with development and review of RCA policies and procedures to ensure all are in compliance with regulatory requirement
- Collaborate with Human Resources team to ensure job descriptions are compliance with regulatory requires for the area in which we are hiring for.
- Perform research and assist RCA legal to with the development of position papers, support letters, memoranda and varied documents to assist regulatory approaches and new legislation as needed
- Under the guidance of the Corporate Compliance and Nursing Manager, gather and prepare regulatory application for submission to regulatory authorities. This would include but not limited to application for new and existing RCA facilities
- Assisting in the tracking and filing of documents associated with regulatory filings
- Coordinate with facility HRBP to ensure we have the most up to date credentialing information for staff in order to submit required applications
- Collaborate with site leadership team and HRBP to ensure we communicate Key Personnel changes to regulatory agencies within the appropriate time frame.
- Collaborate with Managed Care and Quality Teams to ensure appropriate payer requirements are mapped out.
Knowledge and Job Skills:
Ability to independently recognize high risk high volume processes and apply analytic skills to assure quality outcomes
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal Mental Health and Substance Abuse regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in planning, coordinating and implementing patient and staff safety procedures
- Good judgment and decision-making abilities
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Interest in continuous learning and a commitment to staying informed on regulatory changes
- Talent for leading and facilitating group and team meetings
- Attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to maintain a calm, professional demeanor under pressure
Personal Qualifications: Mature tact and judgment in dealing with patients, families and staff and in performing position responsibilities. Maintain confidentiality according to HIPAA, federal and state drug and alcohol statutes, and other applicable regulations. Dependable. Trustworthy. Able to handle crisis situations. Organizational and time management ability. Ability to work amid constant distraction. Able to relate and work with people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Position Content: This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
- High school degree required, Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Public Health or Nursing is preferred or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in a healthcare environment.
- Experience with regulatory and accrediting bodies and their requirements as they apply to Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Treatment required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a quality or regulatory compliance role.