Recovery Centers of America at King of Prussia
Recovery Centers of America is looking for an experienced RCM (Revenue Cycle Management) Systems Analyst to join the growing IS Team. In this role you will drive revenue optimization by maintaining an accurate and compliant EHR billing system, ensuring all federal, state, and payer regulations are met. You will be focused on operational excellence, providing operational guidance and oversight of the billing side of the EHR. You will be a direct report to the Director of EHR with a dotted line to Patient Accounts. Customer service is key to ensure all customer’s questions/concerns/needs are addressed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure the CDM is accurate and compliant with federal, state, and payer regulations. Managing time effectively, performing tasks accurately and meeting set timelines
- Process CDM requests received from Managed Care and Patient Accounts, researching references and regulations to ensure correct coding/charging through the CDM.
- Identify root cause issues and escalate to Manager and Patient Accounts, as appropriate.
- Independently manage daily process/functions for assigned tasks.
- Interact with internal customers in a professional manner; help foster teamwork to complete designated tasks
- Review/identify/analyze necessary CPT changes related to quarterly and annual AMA CPT updates and regulatory changes by timelines set.
- Act as subject matter expert for responsible areas, communicating knowledge to operations and other internal staff.
- Effectively facilitates department and/or client meetings, demonstrating a high level of comfort developing agendas and work plans that drive results.
- Attend internal held meetings supporting revenue cycle processes as they pertain to your role.
- Recommend new or modifications of internal processes to serve new purposes, improve workflow, customer satisfaction, product quality, and determine requirements to execute.
- Ensure all internal milestones for add-on projects or requests are communicated to management.
- Maintain all ANSI X12 formats (277, 837, 835, etc.) in the EHR to ensure billing and cash posting is correct.
- Serves as a resource when necessary for billing and reimbursement issues related to the EMR.
- Work all tickets related to revenue cycle management in a timely manner and escalate as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or 5+ years in IS support.
- Revenue cycle management, healthcare accounting, or advanced medical billing experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Careful attention to detail, patience, and ability to multi-task.
- Healthcare setting experience preferred.
- Working with ticketing systems.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the Corporate office or other RCA facilities.
Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, clinics, hospitals, or out-patient facilities. They spend much of their time on their feet, actively working with patients.
Physical Demands: The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.