Public Relations Specialist
We are looking for a tenacious, results-driven PR Specialist to join our Marketing team. The PR Specialist will work with a fast-paced and dynamic marketing team to clearly and concisely capture, develop & articulate GENETWORx’s product lines and mission. Ideal candidates are highly detail-oriented, motivated self-starters with a proven track record of success in public and media relations.
The PR Specialist will work individually or with outside media relations experts to drive headlines in print, radio & TV — ultimately resulting in a powerful and positive public perception of the company. A successful PR Specialist will successfully position GENETWORx as the go-to in the industry for , pharmacogenetic and diagnostic testing space. Our cross-functional team is constantly producing a lot of exciting work. A successful PR Specialist will generate coverage in major newspapers (both print & digital) for GENETWORx on a weekly basis. If you want to break new ground and leave your mark on a growing industry while helping others, this role is for you.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Write clear, compelling storylines via media pitches & press releases which drive the narrative for a growing, innovative company at a national level
- Coordinate all & media relations efforts across multiple marketing channels
- Write clear, concise and impactful corporate communications that deliver critical information in a meaningful manner
- Develop & execute event-based PR and media strategy, resulting in positive coverage of all company events
- Manage external PR & Media relations counterparts via clear-cut directives and accountable, results-driven
- Website content management related to PR and media relations
- 5+ years of public/media relations experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Established relationships with reporters and print, TV & radio outlets nationally and in and around the East Coast of the United States, especially Virginia, New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Washington DC.
- Proven ability to successfully lead crisis response strategy
- Proven ability to drive and control a powerful, positive narrative in all forms of media at both a local and national level
- Tenacious, Detail Oriented: Aggressively pursues a media pitching strategy which places company at the forefront of the addiction treatment discussion in national media outlets.
- Communication Skills: Interacts directly with team members, company executives and consumers while doing research. Ability to explain the use of data in a clear, concise way.
- Teamwork: Researches creative and media elements in order to deliver the best message through the best channels.
- Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manager that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
This is a full-time, remote position. Position includes including travel to our facility in Glen Alen, VA for meetings and events spanning the East Coast