Recovery Centers of America at King of Prussia
The Procurement Specialist role at Recovery Centers of America (RCA) will support the centralized procurement function by being a main contributor to the various procurement activities across the entire RCA network. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of healthcare purchasing experience, a sharp attention to detail, sound judgement, and the ability to participate in the ongoing support of RCA sites as well as the support of opening new sites nation-wide. RCA is looking for a proven team player who can thrive well in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Processes requisitions into Purchase Orders; purchases products and services for inpatient and outpatient facilities
- Obtains quotes and estimates, follows up with vendors for required information, ensures delivery requirements are met
- Performs research on potential new vendors and products
- Reviews current contracts and evaluates performance of vendors on guaranteed price and service standards
- Helps to develop and maintain process for continuous quality improvement of critical supply chain
- Participates in new site opening activities, including committee meetings, with the potential for occasional overnight travel
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or 2-3 years’ experience in a purchasing or supply chain role
- Working knowledge of Windows & Microsoft Office; Knowledge of Sage Intacct and SAP Concur a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior time management skills
- Willingness to travel domestically overnight on occasion, if required by supervisor
- Communication Skills: Interacts directly with team members, company executives and consumers while doing research. Ability to explain the use of data in a clear, concise way.
- Teamwork: Researches creative and media elements in order to deliver the best message through the best channels.
- Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manger that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
- Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, clinics, hospitals, or out-patient facilities. They spend much of their time on their feet, actively working with patients.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.