The Payroll Coordinator works under the guidance of and reports directly to the Payroll Supervisor. This role will be primarily responsible for generating reports, audits of employee changes within the Payroll/HRIS system and performing payroll processing duties including time and attendance and processing of garnishments and levies. Additionally, this role will collaborate with the human resources team.
- Coordinate efforts between the payroll department and the human resources department, to ensure proper flow of maintenance of employee data
- Audit of employee changes within the HRIS system
- Participates in problem solving and special projects within the payroll department
- Work with employees to answer any payroll questions and resolve any conflicts and/or discrepancies
- Timecard review and extraction from the time and attendance application
- Work with managers to resolve timecard discrepancies
- Responsible for the preparation of biweekly payroll
- Auditing of biweekly payroll during the preview stage
- Reconciliation of audit sheet during biweekly payroll process
- Audit of employee expense reimbursements against company policy
- Develop and generate standard and ad hoc reports from the payroll/HRIS system
- Distribute payroll reports to senior management each payroll period
- Distribute payroll reports to the finance team each payroll period
- Other tasks as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED
- 0-2 years’ experience working in payroll department
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word required
- ADP WFN knowledge and experience preferred but not required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- High attention to detail, efficiency, accuracy and accountability
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Positive attitude and works well in a team setting
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manger that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Impact and Influence: Works effectively with and through others including those whom there is no formal authority over.
Project Management: Coordinates the diverse components of the project by balancing scope, time, cost, and quality.
Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, clinics, hospitals, or out-patient facilities. They spend much of their time on their feet, actively working with patients.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected