Recovery Centers of America at King of Prussia
Position Overview: Working under the direction of the Supervisor of Patient Accounts, incumbent may be responsible for a variety of duties including data entry ensuring financial information is accurately entered and prepared for billing, verifying insurance eligibility, and training staff on the financial registration process to ensure claims go out timely to the correct payer.
- Responsible to ensure patient financial information is accurately entered in to the EHR for billing.
- Works closely with VOB team in obtaining, updating, and maintaining accurate VOB’s on accounts.
- Opens, sorts, files and scans authorization letters that are mailed and emailed to billing team.
- Processing transactions on patient accounts, including account set-up, problem resolution, and auditing transaction activity.
- Communicate professionally with staff departments and insurance companies to ensure timely and accurate processing of account transactions.
- Performing quality assurance reviews on transactions for accuracy.
- Analyzing and researching insurance programs for claim information and to facilitate patient account transactions.
- Submits IT requests for new guarantor set-ups and communicates them to applicable departments.
- Preparing documentation for staff in the department, including updating files with current regulations
- Maintain knowledge of current industry standards by updating workflows as needed
- Navigates third party payer portals to verify insurance eligibility
- Navigate through 3rd party payer rules and regulations.
- Maintain current knowledge of payer regulations.
- Resolve discrepancies in terms of inaccurate payment levels received.
- Meets / exceeds performance expectations and completes payment posting functions within the required time frames.
- Performs office related support tasks, clerical duties and/or general office duties which may include creating reports, typing, filing, faxing, answering telephones, taking messages, and making copies.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- May work with front desk staff at treatment facilities to resolve issues.
- Attention to detail, initiative, and judgment.
- Must exhibit poise, tact, and compassion dealing with patients.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
- 2+ years’ experience in a position meeting and communicating with the public.
- 2+ years of registration, verification of benefits and/or billing experience in a healthcare setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Integrity: Upholds personal and professional ethics and values, taking into account the values of RCA and respecting the culture, beliefs and abilities of individuals.
Ability to effectively deal with difficult people: the ability to respond to difficult customer behavior with diplomacy and tact including defusing anger, creating rapport an influencing behavior.
Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, clinics, hospitals, or out-patient facilities. They spend much of their time on their feet, actively working with patients.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected