Recovery Centers of America at King of Prussia
While coordinating patient admission to a facility the Associate Treatment Advisor exercises compassion, empathy, passion and care in every interaction. The process for admissions includes verifying insurance, processing payment, scheduling the patient at the facility, and preparing our patient for the recovery process. It is also expected that the Associate Treatment Advisor will answer general questions, triage calls accordingly and/or provide resources and information upon request. They will also follow up with previous callers who have not yet been admitted to a facility but are still in need of help.
The Associate Treatment Advisor is an entry level position in the Treatment Advisor Career Progression. The Associate Treatment Advisor is required to be in this role for a minimum of six (6) months before being eligible to advance the Treatment Advisor role.
As a growing, healthcare company there are opportunities for Treatment Advisors to manage teams, attend training sessions, coach and mentor others, join in quality control sessions and lead projects critical to the growth of the company. This is an opportunity for someone looking to advance their career to a management position.
* Promptly receives and processes inbound Admission Center interactions via phone, email, chat and/or social media channels
* Comforts, motivates, and inspires patients to accept help and successfully intervenes, as needed
* Follows defined policies and procedures, responsible for all phases of the Admissions process from providing program and services information and triage to completing the intake process for admission including, but not limited to:
* Pre-screens patients for treatment, identifying psychosocial, mental health and medical issues
* Ensures intake documentation is accurate in the RCA salesforce.com system and other relevant systems/technologies
* Responsible for the accurate collection of fees including co-pays, deductibles and all other out-of-pocket, cash collections (i.e. full self-pay payment plans) required as part of the process
* Reviews and understands insurance eligibility, determines which benefits are available and communicates options to our patient
* Assesses facility and bed availability based on patient needs and schedules logistics for admissions, including reserving a bed, transportation and intervention services as necessary/requested
* Works collaboratively with the Admissions Center team members, field business development team, the facility, and professionals in the community to support desired outcome for our patient
* Works with urgency to obtain the patient’s commitment to treatment and provide quick admission into one of our facilities
* Adheres to service levels, goals and metrics that measure the performance of the Admission Center, its team members and its services
* Adheres to all regulatory and compliance policies while exhibiting nothing but compassion, professionalism and care for our patient always
* Will adhere to quality assurance guidelines as evidenced by monthly call reviews, daily maintenance of all systems, email, team members communication, and maintain up to date required training
Education and Experience:
* 2+ year’s professional experience in healthcare, customer service or sales in an admission center environment preferred
* Proficiency in Microsoft office. Salesforce experience a plus
* Demonstrated experience providing empathetic and compassionate care for individuals in need
* Experience working in a substance abuse facility, in the treatment of addiction or mental health
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Job Knowledge: Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, and is in command of critical issues.
Integrity: Upholds personal and professional ethics and values, considering the values of the organization and respecting the culture, beliefs, and abilities of individuals.
Ability to deal with difficult people: The ability to respond to difficult customer behavior with diplomacy and tact, including diffusing anger, creating rapport and influencing behavior.
Resilience: Must be able to cope with stressful and adverse situations, rebound quickly, and then learn from experience.
Work Environment: Works in a professional office setting and is sitting most of the day. Ability to work along, independently, and within a team.