Recovery Centers of America at King of Prussia
Position Overview: The Outpatient Operations Specialist functions out of the RCA Corporate office with a requirement to travel to outpatient and MAT sites routinely to build relationships with the treatment teams, provide support, identify operational gaps, ensure operational processes are being followed, and implement new or adjusted processes/protocols. The Outpatient Operations Specialist will collaborate with RCA Corporate teams including Clinical, Finance/Patient Accounts, Compliance, Quality Assurance, and the Mission Center to develop, document, train, and provide oversight of operational processes and procedures for all RCA outpatient and MAT locations, additionally supporting focus on Digital Health. A major focus of the Outpatient Operations Specialist includes ensuring all outpatient and MAT sites are maximizing their capacity to treat patients, both in person and through Digital Health, and assist with growing the outpatient and MAT census by developing easy processes for admission and collaboratively developing strategy to increase length of stay for current patients. The Outpatient Operations Specialist will assist with training or auditing needs based on operational policies and procedures and/or quality assurance plan of corrections. The Outpatient Operations Specialist will work closely with Outpatient Leadership/Management to resolve issues related to program compliance, insurance authorizations, census management, coordination with inpatient sites and the Mission Center, adherence to RCA protocol and policy, and ultimately ensure the patient treatment experience is aligned with the RCA Mission at all outpatient sites.
- Thoroughly understand processes, policies, and procedures related to overall facility operations.
- Train staff at all RCA outpatient, digital and MAT locations on operational systems, processes and policies in support of organization’s mission — specifically, support better management reporting, protocol implementation, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Develop/maintain/train updated workflow documentation related to outpatient, digital, and MAT operational processes such as, but not limited to, scheduling of admissions/assessments, program schedules, census report reviews, UR processes, management of unbilled reports, collection of patient financial responsibility, compliance with clinical expectations.
- Collaborate daily with site leadership to help support daily operation activities and expectations. Frequent site visits will occur.
- Collaborates with Clinical Operations to implement new clinical programming, enhancing outpatient, digital health, and MAT services to maximize client engagement.
- Works with all stake holders to develop and implement a Digital Health Program, specifically responsible to document all processes, procedures, expectations of staff, and train onsite/virtual teams.
- Ensures all outpatient processes are completed accurately in order to ensure proper billing (such as progress notes completed and all EMR processes are followed).
- Utilizes outpatient reports for compliance and operations to support maximized utilization of OP services. Trains sites on use of reporting to enhance daily operations and outcomes.
- Consistently works to assist with the development of new and innovative systems/treatment planning ideas to help maximize patient days for all outpatient and MAT levels of care.
- Participate in any identified site audit/licensing visits and support site leadership with preparation for regulatory visits.
- Monitor plans of correction when audit results indicate variances in expectations in collaboration with Quality Assurance.
- Identify operational areas in need of improvement and collaborate with respective departments/sites to improve.
- Work harmoniously with colleagues, supporting colleagues as appropriate and balancing individual and team goals.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years’ related experience
- Experience working in an outpatient substance abuse setting
- Experience working with commercial insurance carriers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Problem Solving: Identifies problems, involves others in seeking solutions, conducts appropriate analysis, searches for best solutions; responds quickly on new challenges.
Communication: Comfortable using a broad range of communication to different audiences in diverse solutions.
Project Management: Coordinates the diverse components of the projects by balancing scope, time, cost, and quality.
Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, clinics, hospitals, or out-patient facilities. They spend much of their time on their feet, actively working with patients.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected