Network Engineer – Wireless
Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure and Cloud Solutions the Network Engineer must demonstrate knowledge across a multi-site CISCO network with ISE, ASA, and Cisco’s VOIP Unified Communications Manager (UCM). The Network Engineer is a hands-on, technically skilled, experienced professional working across the full network lifecycle including solution engineering, detailed design, project planning/oversight, implementation and maintenance of RCA’s Cisco based solutions.
- Design and deploy functional networks (LAN, WAN, IWAN)
- Configure, install and maintain firewalls, routers and other network devices — both software and hardware
- Monitor network performance and integrity
- Resolve issues escalated by Network Operations Center (NOC)
- Create and update our network and security standards and ensure that the network adheres to these standards
- Communicate with users when needed
- Maintain complete technical documentation
- Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability
- Manage and maintain our VOIP infrastructure and related carriers/vendors
- Maintain our VOIP infrastructure (Cisco Unified Communications Manager)
- Some travel will be required to RCA facilities
- Expert-level knowledge and experience with design, implementation and support of the corporate network
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Core Routing and Switching design, configuration, and troubleshooting using Cisco (Cisco is a must, Nexus is a plus)
- Comprehensive hands on experience with Cisco ISR routers, 3850 switches, ASA security devices
- Data network Technologies (DMVPN, IWAN, MPLS, VPN, VLAN, Trunking, SIP)
- IDS/IPS solutions (Sourcefire/FirePOWER highly desired)
- Network Access Control solutions (Cisco ISE preferred)
- Malware Prevention (Sourcefire/FirePOWER highly desired
- Authentication solutions (TACACS highly desired)
- SIEM solutions (LogRhythm is a plus)
- Cisco Wireless is a plus (WLC, Prime)
- Cisco UCM
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of networking experience, including configuring, analyzing & troubleshooting complex environments
- Proven track record working in a team environment and independently
- Must possess excellent troubleshooting skills and be flexible with hours.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Ability to perform tasks with minor supervision
- Solid network documentation experience with Visio, Word, Excel
- Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manger that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
- Impact and Influence: Works effectively with and through others including those whom there is no formal authority over.
- Project Management: Coordinates the diverse components of the project by balancing scope, time, cost, and quality.
- Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, clinics, hospitals, or out-patient facilities. They spend much of their time on their feet, actively working with patients.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected