Website Recoverycoa Information Technology
1-833-RCA-JOBS | (1-833-722-5627)
N00384 – Data Scientist – Intern
Position Overview: Under the supervision of the Data Scientist supervisor, this approximately 8 hour a week, hands-on, temporary position will be responsible for assisting the Business Intelligence team across multiple program areas.
- General administrative support
- Experience with one scripting language such as Julia, Python, R
- Experience with a data querying language SQL, noSQL
- Exposure to statistics and linear algebra
- Exposure to regression and classification analyses
Education and Experience:
- Attending college/university in pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in business intelligence, data science, or other professional area of expertise
- Some experience in administration, and communications preferred with a track record of excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills, acquired through other internships and/or part time positions.
- Willingness to work where most needed.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, follows deadlines, juggles multiple tasks, takes initiative, and can manage own workload.
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office.
- Experience in various database programs.
Listening and Understanding: An effective and articulated communicator.
Flexibility: Open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods in response to new information; gathers information and involves others as appropriate.
Time Management: Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; concentrates his or her efforts on the most important priorities; adeptly handles several tasks at once.
Work Environment: Will work out of a professional office setting
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected