Website Recoverycoa Administration
1-833-RCA-JOBS | (1-833-722-5627)
N00383 – Incident Technician & HIM/MR Coordinator
The Incident Technician & Health Information Management (HIM)/Medical Records Coordinator works with the Patient Safety and Risk Program team to ensure that incidents being submitted into the RCA Incident Report Application are complete and reviewed. This position requires close collaboration with site Quality Assurance Strategists and operations staff, Corporate staff, the Patient Safety and Risk Program team as well as others in the Quality Compliance Management Organization and therefor requires strong customer service and organizational skills. The Incident Technician is responsible for activities which include but may not be limited to managing incident management data, maintaining completeness of data tracking systems, escalating high priority incidents and incidents that may contain claim potential to Patient safety and Risk Program staff. This position is part of a team that is in compliance with risk management related standards, with the objective of enhancing and promoting patient safety, improving quality care, and minimizing loss to protect the assets of the facility.
In addition to Incident reporting responsibilities, this position also will involve working with discharged patients or their designees in their requests for medical records post-discharge. This coordinator will comply with HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2 in order to facilitate acquiring records from the Electronic Health Register (EHR) to provide to the patient or their designee upon receipt of a viable Consent in writing.
This is a full-time position that works heavily with both patient and staff incidents, as well as safety committee data. This position reports to the Patient Safety and Risk Programs’ Manager. This position may also assist in conducting patient safety and risk management-related educational programs.
- Receives incident reports and other information regarding occurrences in the facilities, such as quality assurance outliers or variations, and collates such information systematically to permit analysis pursuant to risk management policy and procedure
- Reviews incidents received through the Incident Application system, analyzing for completeness risk level and for external reporting requirements, updating incident reports as necessary
- Utilize the organizations electronic medical record system to research incidents to determine what type of follow-up, if any, is required.
- Assists with completing incident report Compliance Reviews and associated notifications within the dashboard
- Works with sites to gather any additional information that may be needed to ensure complete understanding and analysis of incidents
- Appropriately elevates high-risk/sentinel incidents, adverse drug events and incidents requiring external reporting
- Appropriately elevates those incidents with claims potential, reporting any incident involving actual or potential injury to patients, visitors or employees.
- Maintains incident management database (s), spreadsheets,
- Aggregate data to assist in identifying risk exposure trends and reports to
- Use incident report reporting to track and provide reporting on site Incident Reporting adherence to incident review process.
- Work with discharged patients or their designee when medical records are requested post-discharge.
- May have on-call responsibility.
Education and Experience:
- Experience is entry level, 0-3 years in risk management
- Certification/Education may include BA/BS, RN, ARM, pursuing CPHRM
- Strong written and oral communications skills, presentation skills, team player
- Reports to Patient Safety and Risk Programs Manager
- Experience working in a healthcare environment
- Experience working in mental health and substance use disorder treatment preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to independently recognize elevated risk apply analytic skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Good judgment and decision-making abilities
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of data requirements, applicable SOPs, policies, regulations, guidelines, and industry standards
- Interest in continuous learning and a commitment to staying informed on regulatory changes
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills, including editing of documents prepared by others for regulatory submissions
Work Environment: Primary work location will be in corporate office in King of Prussia
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is not required.