Website Recoverycoa Contact Center
1-833-RCA-JOBS | (1-833-722-5627)
N00359 – Senior Scheduling and Logistics Coordinator
The Senior Scheduling and Logistics Coordinator at Recovery Centers of America is on the front line in the fight against addiction every day. As the final point of contact for someone looking for help for themselves a loved one, or patient, the Scheduling and Logistics Coordinator’s objective is getting the person in need of help within a Recovery Centers of America substance abuse and addiction facility safely and efficiently.
While coordinating patient admission to a facility the Senior Scheduling and Logistic Coordinator exercises compassion, empathy, passion, and care in every interaction. The process for scheduling includes a final verification of all pre-admission process steps, coordinating and overseeing the patient’s transportation to our facilities, encouraging, and supporting the patient and their loved ones to remain committed to their scheduled admission, and re-engaging patients who were unsuccessful accessing on of our levels of care.
- Comforts, motivates, and inspires patients to accept help and successfully intervenes, as needed
- Demonstrate leadership, professionalism, and uncompromising ethical behavior always
- Follows defined policies and procedures, responsible for all phases of the Admissions process from providing program and services information and triage to completing the intake process for admission including, but not limited to:
- Pre-screens patients for treatment, identifying psychosocial, mental health and medical issues
- Ensures intake documentation is accurate in the RCA salesforce.com system and other relevant systems/technologies
- Reviews and understands insurance eligibility
- Assesses facility and bed availability based on patient needs and schedules logistics for admissions, including transportation, and intervention services as necessary/requested
- Works collaboratively with the Admissions Center team members, field business development team, the facility, and transportation team members and professionals in the community to support safe and efficient admissions to one of our facilities
- Connecting all patients to care
- All logistics and components relative to scheduling, rescheduling, admitting, and cancelling patient admissions
- All logistics and components relative to the coordination, oversight, and follow up of patient transportation to ensure patients are connected to care safely and efficiently
- Timely intervention on potential canceled admissions/assessments
- Serve as the final gatekeeper of safety, criteria, and viability pre-admission (pushing cases)
- Outreach patients who canceled their admission or did not attend their scheduled outpatient programming to maintain treatment involvement/participation
- Adheres to service levels, goals and metrics that measure the performance of the Admission Center, its team members, and its services
- Adheres to all regulatory and compliance policies while exhibiting nothing but compassion, professionalism, and care for our patient always
- Will adhere to quality assurance guidelines as evidenced by monthly call reviews, daily maintenance of all systems, email, team members communication, and maintain up to date required training
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2+ year’s professional experience in healthcare, customer service or sales in an admission center environment preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft office. Salesforce experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience providing empathetic and compassionate care for individuals in need
- Experience working in a substance abuse facility, in the treatment of addiction or mental health
The Senior Scheduling and Logistics Coordinator is required to be in this role for a minimum of six (6) months before being eligible to advance to another Mission Center Role.
As a growing, healthcare company there are opportunities for Scheduling and Logistics Coordinator to manage teams, attend training sessions, coach and mentor others, join in quality control sessions and lead projects critical to the growth of the company. This is an opportunity for someone looking to advance their career to a management position.
- Leadership: Effective at building support and promoting success in a team-centered environment which functions using a shared vision.
- Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
- Job Knowledge: Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, and is in command of critical issues.
- Integrity: Upholds personal and professional ethics and values, considering the values of the organization and respecting the culture, beliefs, and abilities of individuals.
- Ability to deal with difficult people: The ability to respond to difficult customer behavior with diplomacy and tact, including diffusing anger, creating rapport and influencing behavior.
- Resilience: Must be able to cope with stressful and adverse situations, rebound quickly, and then learn from experience.
Work Environment: Works in a professional office setting and is sitting most of the day. Ability to work along, independently, and within a team.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: None to minimal travel
"I love working at RCA because I love the mission we serve, and because of our patients and teammates. This is the most passionate, caring group of people in our industry, and they work harder than anyone else to help save lives. The daily professional and personal growth I get by taking on new challenges and constantly living outside of my comfort zone is unmatched." – Mike F. RCA Mission Center
In 2013, Recovery Centers of America (RCA) announced a goal: Save one million lives from the disease of addiction. We’re working fast and hard to fulfill that promise, with over 11 facilities that offer evidence-based inpatient, outpatient, and medication-assisted treatment 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We know one size doesn’t fit all when it comes to addiction treatment; that’s why we tailor our treatment for each patient and offer specialized programs for patients with trauma and multiple recurrences, as well as programs for older adults, first responders, and more.
We believe in the power of local treatment, because families are a huge part of the treatment and recovery process at RCA. Our family program rebuilds, restores, or strengthens family relationships.
Our curriculum, resources, and evidence-based care were created to help patients not just achieve recovery but maintain it for life. All our services and treatment are delivered by clinical expertise – that’s where you come in.
All our services and treatment is delivered by compassionate, dedicated expertise – that’s where you come in.
As a Scheduling and Logistics Coordinator, you’ll be a part of our heroic mission of helping millions of people jumpstart their recovery. Your passion for fighting back against the disease of addiction will aid in patient recovery. As often the first point of contact with RCA, Treatment Advisors have the exciting yet intense role of speaking with patients, their families, hospitals, and anyone looking for help for addiction. Not only will you have the opportunity to connect people with the help they need, but you’ll be saving lives on a daily basis.
If you’re looking for a fulfilling, life-changing job, Recovery Centers of America is the right place for you. And you’re the right candidate for us!