N00315 – Patient Triage Coordinator
The Patient Triage Coordinator at Recovery Centers of America is on the front line in the fight against addiction every day. As the first point of contact for someone looking for help for themselves a loved one, or patient, the Patient Triage Coordinator’s objective is getting the person in need help within a Recovery Centers of America mental health, substance abuse treatment, and/or digital health HUB treatment program.
While coordinating patient admissions to a facility or digital health platform, the Patient Triage Coordinator exercises compassion, empathy, passion and care in every interaction. The process for admissions includes verifying insurance, processing payment, scheduling the patient’s intake, and preparing our patient for the recovery process. It is also expected that the Patient Triage Coordinator will answer general questions, triage calls accordingly and/or provide resources and information upon request. They will also follow up with previous callers who have not yet been admitted to a facility but are still in need of help.
The Patient Triage Coordinator is an entry level position in the Treatment Advisor Career Progression. The Patient Triage Coordinator is required to be in this role for a minimum of three to six (6) months before being eligible to advance the Associate Treatment Advisor role.
As a growing healthcare company there are opportunities for Treatment Advisors to manage teams, attend training sessions, coach and mentor others, join in quality control sessions and lead projects critical to the growth of the company. This is an opportunity for someone looking to advance their career to a management position.
- Demonstrate leadership, professionalism, and uncompromising ethical behavior always
Promptly receives and processes inbound Admission Center interactions via phone, email, chat and/or social media channels
- Comforts, motivates, and inspires patients to accept help and successfully intervenes, as needed
- Follows defined policies and procedures, responsible for all phases of the Admissions process from providing program and services information and triage to completing the intake process for admission including, but not limited to:
- Rapidly triages incoming phone calls to determine intent and needs of caller within three (3) minutes
- Directs callers through appropriate Mission Center workflows depending on caller’s needs, criteria, and insurance status
- Drives digital health platform enrollment, offering information and answering related questions where needed
- Fields incoming inquiries through Omni Channel platform, which include live chats, emails, and web inquiries
- Pre-screens patients for treatment, identifying psychosocial, mental health and medical issues
- Ensures intake documentation is accurate in the RCA salesforce.com system and other relevant systems/technologies
- Responsible for the accurate collection of fees including co-pays, deductibles and all other out-of-pocket, cash collections (i.e. full self-pay payment plans) required as part of the process
- Reviews and understands insurance eligibility, determines which benefits are available and communicates options to our patient
- Assesses facility and bed availability based on patient needs and schedules logistics for admissions, including reserving a bed, transportation and intervention services as necessary/requested
- Works collaboratively with the Mission Center, Admissions Department team members, field business development team, the facility, and professionals in the community to support desired outcome for our patient
- Works with urgency to obtain the patient’s commitment to treatment and provide quick admission into one of our facilities
- Adheres to service levels, goals and metrics that measure the performance of the Admission Center, its team members and its services
- Adheres to all regulatory and compliance policies while exhibiting nothing but compassion, professionalism and care for our patient always
- Will adhere to quality assurance guidelines as evidenced by monthly call reviews, daily maintenance of all systems, email, team members communication, and maintain up to date required training
Education and Experience:
- 2+ year’s in customer service with healthcare experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft office. Salesforce experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience providing empathetic and compassionate care for individuals in need
- Experience working in a substance abuse facility, in the treatment of addiction or mental health
Leadership: Effective at building support and promoting success in a team-centered environment which functions using a shared vision.
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Job Knowledge: Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, and is in command of critical issues.
Integrity: Upholds personal and professional ethics and values, considering the values of the organization and respecting the culture, beliefs, and abilities of individuals.
Ability to deal with difficult people: The ability to respond to difficult customer behavior with diplomacy and tact, including diffusing anger, creating rapport and influencing behavior.
Resilience: Must be able to cope with stressful and adverse situations, rebound quickly, and then learn from experience.
Work Environment: Works in a professional office setting and is sitting most of the day. Ability to work along, independently, and within a team.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: None to minimal travel