Recovery Centers of America at King of Prussia
Position Overview: The Manager of Accounts Payable directs all aspects of RCA’s vendor payable operations, including vendor relations, invoice management and administrative management of the Concur system. Develops and implements plans to improve invoice management and be more effective using the Concur system. Designs reports and controls to ensure invoices are paid on a timely and accurate basis, that backlogs or missing invoices are minimized and that invoices are received in the most efficient way possible. Communicates with executives regarding business needs to secure resources needed to satisfy customer demands and ensure delivery and/or implementation.
* Manages the activities of all functions involved with Invoice Management, Invoice Payables and Vendor Management.
* Leads and facilitates successful receipt, tracking and payment of all Vendor Invoices. Ensures timely receipt of all invoices, accurate and timely input into payables system and accurate and timely payment to minimize late fees.
* Works with Vendors to implement more efficient processes for receiving and entering invoices into payables system.
* Designs processes for early identification of available invoices that will help to ensure they are paid on a timely basis. Identifies and labels Vendors by Type, to facilitate payment within required deadlines.
* Manages the weekly Vendor Payable process to ensure Invoices are paid accurately, within Invoice due dates and in compliance with RCA cash management guidelines.
* Reviews the Department’s overall processes and controls on a continuous basis to identify areas of improvement/change to ensure more efficient and controlled Invoice processing. Ensure RCA meeting industry best practices for Vendor payments processing.
* Designs and develops reports to enhance the overall management and control of the RCA payable processes.
* Performs supervisory tasks which include personnel assessment, hiring, training and managing the workforce.
* Assist with the set up of the payables system and training on Expense, Invoice and Purchase Requisitions data entry into the system at new RCA sites.
* Manages Independent Contractor initial certifications and perform annual updates of information and certification.
* Maintains the accuracy and completeness of Vendor records within the payables system.
* Issues 1099s on an annual basis to all applicable Independent Contractors, Vendors and others who provide services to RCA.
* Endures RCA meets all Federal, State and Local regulations relating to Vendor payments
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Management or relevant field required
* 15 years as an Accounts Payable leader in a medium volume, high mix environment.
* 10 years of Management/Supervisory experience
* Strong analytical and negotiation skills, excellent communication, motivation and interpersonal skills, ability to drive change and work within a dynamic environment.
* Strong planning and problem solving skills
* Understanding and prior experience using the Concur expense management system
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, expert in Excel
* Decision Making: Makes good decisions based on sound understanding and evaluation of relevant information; gathers information and involves others as appropriate.
* Personal Effectiveness/Credibility: Ability to promise and deliver results, build effective relationships and establish a reliable track record.
* Problem Solving: Identifies problems, involves others in seeking solutions, conducts appropriate analyses, searches for best solutions responds quickly to new challenges
* Planning: Develops realistic plans, sets goals, aligns plans and company goals, plans for and manages resources, creates contingency plans, coordinates/cooperates with others.
* Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.