Recovery Centers of America (RCA) was founded with the mission of helping to save millions of lives from the disease of addiction. Over a few years’ time, RCA has expanded to include 16 facilities offering inpatient, outpatient and medication-assisted treatment. The team at RCA is the most dedicated, compassionate, and hard-working team you’ll find, and the Marketing team is no exception. Existing entirely in-house, the RCA Marketing team, based in King of Prussia, PA, is tasked with portraying the heart and soul of the company, our mission and the positive impact addiction treatment can have on the lives of not only patients but their loved ones as well. The Writer plays a key role in that task, contributing to both internal and external communications, advertising, short and long form content, and additional marketing content. If you want to break new ground and leave your mark on a growing company while helping others, this role is for you.
Recovery Centers of America is seeking a Writer with experience in writing internal and external communications, marketing material, and advertising. This role will be responsible for ensuring RCA’s brand, services, expertise and heart is clearly and effectively communicated, resulting in demand for our addiction treatment services.
The Writer will work on a variety of short and long-form content including but not limited to blogs, articles, whitepapers, case studies, compelling website and email copy. This individual will be responsible for developing regular communications to our internal and external stakeholders including employees, patients, families and referral partners. Ideal candidates possess personal and/or professional experience in addiction recovery or in the addiction treatment or behavioral health spaces.
- Craft compelling narratives and stories which resonate emotionally with our various target audiences
- Write clear, concise and compelling ad copy and messaging for a variety of audiences including patients, families, internal employees, government officials, etc.
- Write SEO optimized content for the RCA website to drive traffic and contacts into the contact center
- Accurately portray the services, programs and various offerings RCA has to offer as well as educate on the topic of substance use disorder to our patients, their loved ones, healthcare professionals and the communities we serve
- Own the creation, review and editing of content related to growing our brand and demand for services–spanning TV and radio advertising, digital advertising, blogs, educational content, thought papers, research
- Work closely with other departments that need assistance with communications and written material
- Investigate and implement new means of communicating with our users (e.g., different media, new channels)
- Update website content via WordPress CMS as needed
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing compelling, informative written material with proven results
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing, English, journalism, communications, or related field preferred
- A portfolio that demonstrates expertise in effectively communicating the value of products, services and programs to appropriate audiences
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet quick-turn deadlines
- Ability to research industry-related topics and proactively reach out to information sources, both internal and external, to become an expert in the topics
- Comfort using and explaining rationale behind your writing choices
- Experience with writing for SEO
- Experience working in a website CMS (e.g., WordPress)
- Sensitivity to language
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Personal and/or professional experience in addiction recovery or in the addiction treatment or behavioral health spaces is preferred