Recovery Centers of America at King of Prussia
The Executive Vice President (EVP) of Sales is responsible for a national team of sales executives charged with growing revenue in the B2B lab testing market. The EVP has P&L responsibility for a $250 million (?) business overseeing sales and business development. S/He develops and executes the strategies, builds key client relationships, develops comprehensive plans and delivers value propositions which result in retaining existing accounts and securing new accounts.
- Develop strategies and plans for account retention and targeted new sales growth.
- Direct and lead strategy, value proposition and the consultative experience for clients.
- General management responsibilities, including full accountability for profit & loss.
- Provide regular pipeline forecasts and business health checks to senior management.
- Build and foster an environment of excellence by assessing current talent and developing a high-performing team while establishing clear direction of responsibilities, objectives and goals that maintain an ongoing focus on business development and superior client service. Provide employees authority, training, information and resources to achieve their full potential and maintain a culture of accountability and execution.
- Manage team members to ensure that they are performing at a high level by monitoring their activities, setting expectations and providing guidance and direction as needed.
- Ensure team creates personalized development plans through regular one-on-one reviews of skills and personal career goals; follow up to ensure that employees execute on their plans in a timely fashion.
- Identify future leaders within the organization and provide them with opportunities to broaden their experience and enhance their skills.
- Regularly meet with direct reports to coach and review business plans to ensure that they are on track to meet established goals.
The Executive Vice President of Sales will be a dynamic sales executive with at least 10-15 years of successful experience in healthcare with B2B transactions required; experience selling into the C-suite preferred. The successful candidate will have: a proven track record of leading sales organizations in successfully achieving sales targets; general management experience, with the responsibility for the design of strategic sales plans via competitive analysis, customer segmentation and penetration plans, and thoughtful product positioning; and experience managing a team of at least 15 people with significant revenue responsibility.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or life sciences is required, advanced degree preferred.
- Five years of sales management experience.
- Sales leadership experience in clinical laboratory industry, a plus.
- Sales experience and acumen to source, manage and close deals.
- A high sense of urgency and willingness to take initiative.
- Ability to recruit, lead and motivate high performance sales teams.
- Ability to measure and manage the pipeline and hold people accountable for performance.
- Strong communication skills, including establishing creditability and trust with customers and building influential relationships with critical business partners.
- Strong executive presence, with the ability to present the company, its solutions and its products professionally and convincingly to major accounts.
- Drive to share knowledge of market and industry trends, competitors and leading customer strategies.
- Demonstrated track record leading sales in a high-growth, fast paced environment.
- Successful track record of building sales proficiency and leading transformation of a growing sales organization.
- A set of personal characteristics conducive to a sales oriented environment, to include: a direct and open communication style, humility, a team-oriented leadership style, intellectual curiosity and honesty, strategic thinking with strong attention to detail, a strong mentoring/management skills, the desire to build a culture of high accountability, a propensity for rapid decision making and tactical implementation, and a strong work ethic.