Front-End Web Developer – GENETWORx
GENETWORx is a lab with the central focus of positively impacting the lives of people. With expertise in COVID-19, pharmacogenetic testing, and personalized health, GENETWORx is a CAP accredited and CLIA certified laboratory. That accreditation is the gold standard awarded to clinical laboratories that exceed inspection qualifications and ensure a consistent level of service that positively impacts patient care. Owned by Recovery Centers of America, GENETWORx quickly pivoted in March 2020 to become a leading provider of COVID-19 tests. GENETWORx offers cutting-edge molecular diagnostics and direct to consumer products that will change the accessibility and accuracy of healthcare as we know it.
The Senior Web Developer for GENETWORx will be part of the GENETWORx Marketing Team, based out of King of Prussia, PA, and work closely with the GENETWORx lab team based in VA.
The Front-end Web Developer will be responsible for developing and implementing B2B / B2C / B2G eCommerce web solutions for GENETWORx, including analysis, development, testing, QA and improvements to the front-end website structure and design for the lab’s many digital projects. Reporting to the Digital Marketing Director, this position will support the online marketing goals. If you are an experienced, talented web developer who has broken new ground in creating and optimizing websites looking to leave your mark on a growing company, this role is for you.
The GENETWORx Front-end Web Developer is responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining, testing and improving new web features for GENETWORx.com and other websites. Our ideal candidate will translate wireframes into responsive code with a clean, user-friendly design. The front-end web developer will be proficient at both WordPress and Magento. The front-end web developer will collaborate on the design and development by advising on the best form of implementation, producing detailed documentation with clear timelines, reporting on technical blockers, developing key project milestones as well as ensuring proper testing.
GENETWORx has both a B2B, B2G and a B2C focus, offering products and services for physicians, long term care facilities, employers, governments and other organizations, as well as for consumers.
Challenging, fast-paced environment, the ideal candidate can aggressively identify and diagnose problems and is results-oriented. This individual desires to work on a diversity of projects with strong multi-tasking skills.
- Develop, maintain, test and improve world-class front-end for WordPress and Magento websites
- Develop page templates, customize the look and feel of existing themes, and develop new user-facing features based on wireframes
- Collaborate on project management, key milestones and timelines
- Implement and test new website functionality while simultaneously maintaining existing code
- Maximize usability and ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX designs. Identify site optimization opportunities based on data analysis, industry standards, and independent research. Utilize insights from research and analytics to form new e-commerce web solutions.
- Ensure consistent and on-brand performance on all devices and browsers
- Consolidate, validate and execute feedback
- Provide ongoing insight into the latest web trends, and make suggestions to further develop the website for a smooth end to end experience for the end user
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience as a proven front-end web developer
- Proficient in various web standards, web analytics and SEO
- WordPress and Magento experience preferred
- Strong understanding of E-Commerce best practices
- A strong eye for translating design, visual appeal and ease of navigation
- Strong UATs and debugging experience to quickly identify blockers and apply creative solutions
- Expertise in Google Analytics and website optimization tools, including A/B testing
- Experience working collaboratively with web developers and UI/UX experts in creating a customer experience that customers demand.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously with solid decision-making skills and problem solving skills.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and strong project and time management skills
- High energy self-starter who is passionate about digital engagement experiences.
- Laser focused attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as an articular and positive problem-solving attitude