EMR Technical Developer/Analyst
We are seeking an individual to fill an entry-level developer position to join our team in King of Prussia, PA. The EMR Systems Analyst (L1) will be responsible for assisting the development team to configure, document and implement changes to existing system configurations and new development requests, performing QA on changes and new development prior to implementation, triaging and troubleshooting L2/L3 support escalations related to development work and assist with trainings/onsite support as required. This person will be trained on form development tools within the myAvatar EMR. This role will work with EMR team members, business stakeholders and end users.
- Work with EMR development team members and business team leaders to define requirements for form, report and workflow requests
- Assist the EMR Development team members with building new forms and workflows within the EMR, as well changes to existing functionality
- Act as an escalation point from the Service Desk and provide L2/L3 end user support daily as needed, utilizing ticket management system to track all end user requests
- Work with other EMR team members and key stakeholders to successfully implement projects and requests and perform validation testing to confirm successful implementation
- Track the status of outstanding requests and provide weekly updates to key stakeholders on progress of work currently in development
- Perform QA/testing routines on all forms, reports and workflows that are created to ensure the functionality meets the requirements
- Assist EMR team with system patching review and testing in UAT environment
- Manage outside vendors as needed to complete requests when required
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or 1+ year relevant experience
- Previous experience with EMR systems is preferred by not required
- Passion for helping people and solving problems
- Excellent customer service and teamwork skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to manage user expectations appropriately and proactively
- Ability to manage tickets, work, and time with minimal supervision
Business Acumen: Maintains and builds formal and informal channels for the flow of work; influences the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; consistently demonstrate behaviors that lead the culture of RCA.
Patient & Customer Focus: Know what patients and external and internal customers value; able to incorporate information and set appropriate strategy and measurements; takes actions that build patient and customer value; establishes and maintains strong patient and customer relationships along with fostering their trust and respect.
Decision Capability and Quality: Review facts and listen to diverse points of view before making decisions. Be able to make critical decisions under pressure and/or tight deadlines with limited information. Willing to take a stand on a decision that may be unpopular but has merit to produce the best possible outcomes.
Dealing with Ambiguity: Recognizes when change is needed and sets a motivational vision; learns and moves on quickly; can decide and act without having the total picture; demonstrates focus and clarity of thought in ambiguous, complex, or uncertain situations; is able to balance the need to deliver with what is best for the organization.
Work Environment: Options include remote, hybrid and onsite
Physical Demands: The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: This role does not include specific travel requirements, though periodic travel to facility locations may be required for special projects or initiatives.