E00911 – Data Scientist
The Data Scientist will work directly with stakeholders in a fast-paced environment to leverage advanced analytics to improve business performance across a range of functions including marketing, facility operations, clinical processes, digital health, and lab operations. This individual will be able to collaborate with staff to understand their challenges and opportunities, to design and execute Machine Learning solutions quantify the value-add of these improvements.
The Data Scientist will perform exploratory data analyses, generate and test hypotheses, prepare and analyze historical data, identify patterns in business performance and generally improve the use of data-driven insights to improve outcomes. You will be engaged in data modeling, data mining and statistical analysis to deliver meaningful information to business users that redound to the benefit of the customers and patients we serve. The Data Scientist will report into the Senior Data Scientist.
- Master’s degree (Ph.D. preferred) in business analytics, operations research, computer science, statistics, social sciences, or related field
- At least 5 years of experience is Data Science positions of increasing responsibility, primarily in healthcare field
- Proficient performing exploratory data analysis
- Applied statistics skills, such as descriptive statistics, statistical testing, correlations, clustering, various regression techniques, principal components, neural nets, and other machine learning techniques
- Data-oriented hands-on experience using Relational models, Object Models, Hierarchy data models and network data models
- High familiarity working with claims and clinical data, social determinants of health, and the like
- Development and deployment of healthcare-specific predictive models for risk, likelihood of hospitalization, likelihood of ED visits, etc.
- Ability to develop algorithmic approaches to solve clinical/business use cases, triage issues, differentiated treatment regimens
- Proven experience commingling data from multiple disparate sources to create data sets from which to analyze relationships, patterns, associations, and other insights.
- Proven track-record in working with large and complex datasets, developing ML models, supporting data pipelines in a production environment
- Robust scripting and programming skills to perform ETL and data cleansing operations
- Experience programming in Python, R and/or similar statistical languages
- Robust SQL query language skills.
- Advanced experience working with data visualization tool sets like Qlik, Tableau, or PowerBI
- Energetic, motivated, service-oriented, and able to multitask
- Proven track record of delivering on time, on budget, and meeting client commitments
- Excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent facilitation, presentation, and reporting skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Adaptable to new situations and challenges