E00879 – Vice President, Mental Health Services
Position Overview: The VP, Behavioral Health Services will lead the successful development and delivery of Inpatient, Outpatient and Digital Health behavioral and primary mental health initiatives. Responsibilities include oversight for operational, strategic, and financial outcomes.
- Identifies and articulates the vision and strategic direction for RCA behavioral and mental health service delivery across RCA Portfolio
- Demonstrates strategic thinking in planning, implementing, and evaluating programs/initiatives to ensure the future growth and sustainment of the Behavioral Health service line. Develops and implements operational objectives, goals, and specific strategies required to support and achieve the strategic outcomes of primary psychiatric/mental health Behavioral Health services.
- Develop Inpatient, Outpatient and Digital Health mental health products for the portfolio
- Drives collaboration on the implementation of products with all corporate and field stakeholders including clinical, operations, financial, regulatory, quality, technology, and marketing.
- Participates in the planning and evaluation of clinical programs and services, including plans to increase the range, quality, and quantity of services at RCA.
- Develops, reviews, revises, submits, and implements policies, procedures, goals, and objectives for all assigned areas of responsibility.
- Participates in leading and managing change related to hospital, system-wide, and organization wide strategies, initiatives and desired outcomes through communication, management training and promoting stakeholder buy-in within assigned areas of responsibility.
- Works with Quality and Compliance department to create monitoring systems to develop benchmarks for best practices that, at a minimum, assure compliance with regulatory required clinical care timeframes.
- Assists to ensure that the overall operation follows policies and all relevant Federal, State and local regulatory agencies and the Joint Commission standard
- Oversee the development and approval of RCA behavioral health clinical materials including clinical manuals, workbooks, supervision procedures, clinical presentation, and website materials, etc.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
· Masters’ Degree required; Ph.D. or Psy.D. from an accredited university is preferred.
· Behavioral health license or certification highly preferred (LSAC, CSAC, LMSW).
· Five years in a Clinical Management role, problem solving ability, organizational skills.
· Excellent platform presentation skills, interpersonal skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience providing clinical care, developing clinical programs and supervising clinical staffs; psychiatric hospital, or residential placement experience preferred.
· Knowledge of Quality Assurance procedures and tools.
· Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
Leads and Engages Staff: articulates a vision that inspires others and is able to attract, develops and retain talent.
Integrity: Upholds personal and professional ethics and values, considering the values of the organization and respecting the culture, beliefs and abilities of individuals.
Collaboration: Clinical leaders must be able to work in collaboration with other health professionals and leaders from other disciplines.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.