E00871 – Paralegal
Position Title: Paralegal
Immediate Supervisor: General Counsel
Position Overview: Works with the attorneys in the Legal Department to ensure the efficient and effective provision of legal services to Recovery Centers of America ("RCA") and GENETWORx. Assignments will be associated with all departments of both organizations and will include services for all areas of legal practice, as needed.
- Assists attorneys in reviewing various agreements with clients, vendors, and third parties
- Assists attorneys with research, including regulatory research, and day-to-day practice support
- Reviews and responds to subpoenas, records requests, and other legal requests, as needed
- Helps manage the litigation portfolio of RCA and GENETWORx
- Leads, and assists in leading, important internal projects relating to internal process improvement and contract management
- Support in drafting template agreements, amendments, renewals and related contract documents
- Maintain legal files, including documentation and related correspondence, entity organizational documents, internal memorandum and other matters
- Creates and maintains key corporate and contract master files and related databases, as needed
- Collect and organize legal research and information from a wide variety of sources.
- Drafts documents and correspondence
- Performs other functions such as proofreading, redlining, and organizing and maintaining reference materials and databases
- Manages important administrative functions, such as entering information into electronic databases and organizing and maintaining electronic files
- Reviews and approves marketing collateral in accordance with applicable legal requirements
- Independently cultivates and manages client relationships with company stakeholders and business relationships with external parties.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of paralegal experience at a law firm or in-house
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and various database and document management systems
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or in the future
- Individual should be able to operate at a high level with minimum supervision, make decisions in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and guidelines of the company and must be able to discern when attorney or supervisor involvement is necessary.
- Individual should have excellent management and administrative skills (including project management) in a legal department or similar environment.
- Individual must be a self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time, prioritize matters and meet deadlines.
- 5+ years of paralegal experience at a healthcare or similar organization
- Paralegal certificate preferred
- Familiarity with professional service agreements, particularly agreements in the healthcare and laboratory space, is a plus
- Familiarity with Coupa CLM is a plus
- Familiarity with Westlaw and Practical Law Connect is a plus