E00826 – EMR Development Team Lead
We are seeking an experienced individual to fill a development team lead position to join our team in King of Prussia, PA. The EMR Development Team Lead will report to the Director of EHR and will be responsible for ensuring all development requests are completed on time as planned. This role will work the system analysts to coordinate all development efforts within the EMR, including scoping development hours, slotting requests based on prioritization and ensure all development items are properly tested and pass QA. This individual will have a strong background in project management and AGILE methodology to plan and execute development sprints within the JIRA platform. The Development Team Lead will drive weekly meetings with business stakeholders to identify and define requirements for all new ideas and requests. The Development Team Lead will be the go-to person for all development requests within the EMR and triage/assign requests to the system analysts as needed. Development requests include work within the EMR, custom applications built by RCA that integrate with the EMR and any other integrations or tasks assigned. This person will be trained on form development tools within the myAvatar EMR and any other systems leveraged for development. This role will work with EMR team members, business stakeholders and end users.
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web- and desktop-based business applications
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards
- Package and support deployment of releases
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget
- Provide third-level support to business users
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience as a Software Developer or development manager
- Prior experience in a technical leadership position
- College or University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline preferred
- Proficient with Java, PHP, AngularJs, SQL (other programming languages encouraged)
- In-depth knowledge and experience with developing web applications
- Extensive experience designing and developing enterprise grade software
- Experience with agile development methodologies including Kanban and Scrum
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
Business Acumen: Maintains and builds formal and informal channels for the flow of work; influences the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; consistently demonstrate behaviors that lead the culture of RCA.
Patient & Customer Focus: Know what patients and external and internal customers value; able to incorporate information and set appropriate strategy and measurements; takes actions that build patient and customer value; establishes and maintains strong patient and customer relationships along with fostering their trust and respect.
Decision Capability and Quality: Review facts and listen to diverse points of view before making decisions. Be able to make critical decisions under pressure and/or tight deadlines with limited information. Willing to take a stand on a decision that may be unpopular but has merit to produce the best possible outcomes.
Dealing with Ambiguity: Recognizes when change is needed and sets a motivational vision; learns and moves on quickly; can decide and act without having the total picture; demonstrates focus and clarity of thought in ambiguous, complex, or uncertain situations; is able to balance the need to deliver with what is best for the organization.
Work Environment: Options include remote, hybrid and onsite
Physical Demands: The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: This role does not include specific travel requirements, though periodic travel to facility locations may be required for special projects or initiatives.