E00811 – Sourcing Specialist
The Sourcing Specialist role at Recovery Centers of America (RCA) will support the centralized procurement function by handling assigned sourcing activities and supplier relationships across a variety of categories. This position executes on a multitude of RFP’s as assigned by more senior category manager with the focus of ensuring Procurement delivers quality goods and services in a timely manner at the overall best value for the entire RCA network . The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to form relationships with vendors and stakeholders, solve sourcing challenges, create efficiencies and conduct negotiations of low to medium complexity. The ideal candidate will have a general background in procurement whose knowledge can be expanded upon into a wide range of industries, suppliers, and categories. RCA is looking for a proven team player who is looking to gain experience in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Creates and issues Purchase Orders and/or Request for Quotes (RFQ’s) for the required commodities or services.
- Crafts and solicits Request for Proposals (RFP’s) to vendors, negotiates prices, recommends purchases, and acquires the best possible prices while adhering to quality, service, and reliability standards.
- Performs negotiations when a fair or reasonable price cannot be determined by adequate competition, or for single/sole source procurement. Considers cost, price, schedule, quality and other applicable terms and conditions.
- Prepares negotiation strategies and plans, identifies, evaluates and arranges single/sole source procurement.
- Works collaboratively with all departments to establish supplier contracts that support their strategic sourcing goals and objectives.
- Develops and manages a reliable supplier base that provides outstanding service, quality, and pricing.
- Assists in the review of supplier contracts and provides support and/or recommendations as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in supply chain or business administration
- 0-2 years of experience in procurement or supply chain preferred
- Working knowledge of Windows & Microsoft Office; Excel proficiency required in preparing and analyzing complex request for quotes or complex data sets for problem solving purposes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong ability to build relationships with internal stakeholders
- Superior time management skills
- Strategic sourcing and negotiation skills required
- General understanding of Procurement and Supply Chain Best practices
- Strong data analysis skills
- Strong interpersonal skills (ex. Tact/diplomacy, listening, negotiating, consulting.)
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships especially with suppliers
- Strong planning, organization, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to understand and prioritize workload due to multiple simultaneous projects
Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, clinics, hospitals, or out-patient facilities. They spend limited time on their feet, and have very limited interactions with patients.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected