E00792 – Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
The Director of Financial Planning and Analysis will manage and implement a variety of company-wide and segment-specific financial modelling and budgeting projects. Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director of FP&A will coordinate cross-functionally with leaders from each segment of the business to ensure budget projections and financial models match the organization’s operational overall goals. Play a leadership role in the improvement of the executive decision-making support capability of the company via planning, analysis and process improvement. Acts as a catalyst for change that will result in improved financial performance.
- Responsible for the analysis of financial and operational information to assess, interpret and predict business performance to support management decisions
- Develop, maintain, and refine company’s operational target dashboard and ensure targets align appropriately to the organizations long-term goals
- Work across all departments to review historical data and hold segment leaders accountable for their operational targets
- Work with business leaders and executive team members to ensure financial budgets and models align with company’s operational goals
- Assist company leaders in decision making by providing cogent financial analysis and insights
- Gather, analyze and present operational business requirements to other members of the internal management team
- Develop and maintain the company financial model
- Prepare materials for the Board, CEO and other senior executives
- Perform other ad-hoc duties as required
Education and Experience:
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and Powerpoint a must.
- 10+ years of experience in FP&A, investment banking, or other related field
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Solid mathematical aptitude and effective project management skills.
- Ability to analyze and document complex business processes.
- A key competency of the role is the ability to create and continuously refine complex operational financial models
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or any related field from an accredited institution
- Master’s in Business Administration is an advantage.
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manger that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Impact and Influence: Works effectively with and through others including those whom there is no formal authority over.
Project Management: Coordinates the diverse components of the project by balancing scope, time, cost, and quality.
Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, clinics, hospitals, or out-patient facilities. They spend much of their time on their feet, actively working with patients.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected