E00708 – Category Manager
The Category Manager role at Recovery Centers of America (RCA) will support the centralized procurement function by leading supplier sourcing/selection activities and successfully managing supplier relationships to ensure Procurement delivers quality goods and services in a timely manner at the overall best value for the entire RCA network. This position determines contract strategies, interfaces and communicates with technical subject matter experts and managers, administers contracts, conducts negotiations, develops supplier relationships, tracks and manages supplier performance, and drives continuous improvement and productivity initiatives forward with suppliers and internal stakeholders. The Category Manager will be able to look beyond initial customer requirements to develop the most beneficial outcomes through innovative solutions. Additionally, the Category Manager is expected to stay abreast of global industry trends, and is aware of implications to cost, quality, and risk based on market forces and internal requirements. This position must be able to effectively communicate with other functional areas in regards to how larger global or industry trends may effect individual work groups. This position must also be able to effectively communicate in difficult situations with internal customers and suppliers. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in procurement across a wide range of industries, suppliers, and categories. RCA is looking for a proven team player who can prove their ability to function well in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Develops, implements, and provides oversight to multi-year purchasing plans that will meet procurement’s service level goals and support corporate objectives including but not limited to material availability, stocking & replenishment strategies, supplier value analysis, and risk management.
- Manage the supply chain process from identification of need through supplier selection, contract negotiation and administration. Evaluate sources of supply and develop optimal pricing methodology, warranty, and product/service performance requirements. Determine and utilize the strategic supply chain models to acquire the necessary products and services at the maximum level of cost savings.
- Identify new sources of supply and potentially acceptable new products/technologies. Establish/develop/maintain professional relationships with suppliers/partners based on the highest ethical business practices.
- Support the most complex projects by working with the project management team to develop the contracting strategy, project plan, identify required resources, acquire necessary goods and services, and manage contract performance from end to end.
- Act as the corporate expert for assigned categories, and know the market drivers, supplier base, emerging technologies, regulatory factors, category spend by supplier, inventory, supplier, and key performance metrics. Exhibit ownership of the entire supply chain for assigned category from cradle to grave.
- Perform market analysis and financial analysis to determine business risk associated with a supplier or contract. Mitigate risk as necessary through appropriate sourcing and contractual strategies.
- Ensures all purchasing plans are implemented flawlessly through the procure to pay process to ensure maximize automation throughout the entire process.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in supply chain or business administration
- 5-10 years of experience in procurement preferred
- P.M., CPSM, CPIM, CSCP, CPSD, certifications highly preferred but not required
- Experience implementing or working with a leading procure to pay provider such as Coupa or SAP Ariba strongly preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of Windows & Microsoft Office; Excel proficiency required in preparing and analyzing complex request for quotes or complex data sets for problem solving purposes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong ability to build relationships with internal stakeholders
- Superior time management skills
- Strategic sourcing and negotiation skills required
- End to end contract administration skills required
- Ability to align sourcing strategies with inventory management best practices
- Knowledge of commodity and financial markets that could effect cost or sources of supply
- Knowledge of Supply Management practices and procedures to procure the best product or service at the overall best value based on internal customer requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills (ex. Tact/diplomacy, listening, negotiating, consulting.)
- Strong leadership ability
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships especially with suppliers
- Strong planning, organization, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to understand and prioritize workload due to multiple simultaneous projects
Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, clinics, hospitals, or out-patient facilities. They spend limited time on their feet, and have very limited interactions with patients.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected