E00662 – VP of Clinical Quality Improvement – DH
The Head of Clinical Quality Improvement’s scope of responsibilities includes quality and outcomes, quality analytics and patient experience. This position is responsible for all quality management/quality improvement activities, including but not limited to ensuring individual and program quality of care, integrating quality throughout the clinical operations of the organization, implementing process improvement, and resolving, tracking, and trending quality of care grievances. The Head of Clinical Quality Improvement role includes but is not limited to planning, analysis, project management, consultation, facilitation, training, and execution for a range of critical, multi-dimensional strategic initiatives with a primary focus on activities that impact the quality of patient care and health outcomes. The position reports directly to the COO-Clinical Operations and will work collaboratively with other Department leaders to achieve network-wide quality, safety, experience, and value-based care goals. In addition, the Head of Clinical Quality Control will be responsible for implementing and maintaining quality, safety, patient experience, and value-based care infrastructure for the organization. The role will have organizational responsibility to update and monitor quality, safety, experience, and value-based metrics for the system, including but not limited to publicly reported quality, safety, experience data, as well as best practice related goals in these areas for the organization.
· Incorporate outcomes data into supervision to continuously improve client care; utilizes outcomes data to guide the department in clinical practices and to identify training needs.
· Ensure all clinical practice is informed by current research in psychology/counseling.
· Analyze, develop and monitor clinical quality improvement activities to ensure compliance with patient expectations and lead clinical quality initiatives.
· Oversee the implementation of quality improvement efforts designed to improve clinical performance and maintain regulatory compliance with Joint Commission, HIPAA and accreditation standards.
· Develop strategic plans for the health care improvement function within the program in collaboration with clinical leaders.
· Direct development of specific short and long-range programs and project plans to obtain the program objectives.
· Provide direction for managing quality of the program and the clinical moderation of the platform.
· Oversee the prioritization of projects and directs resources to ensure the attainment of goals.
· Direct and/or participate in regular discussions and reviews on a variety of diverse and complex issues including clinical matters, which have program-wide impact.
· Responsible for making decisions required to maintain acceptable operations based on strategic goals and policies. Displays ingenuity and foresight in determining the most appropriate solution in the absence of established guidelines.
· Confer with other department heads when necessary to resolve procedural difficulties, clarifying department responsibilities, objectives and resolving identified problems.
· Actively seek ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care, or the services
· Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety and quality of care.
Education & Experience
· Bachelor‘s degree (Master‘s preferred) in Healthcare Administration or closely related field
· 5+ years of Healthcare Management experience required
· 3+ years of Quality Management experience required
· Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact effectively and professionally with individuals at all levels; both internal and external.
· Exercises sound judgment in responding to inquiries; understands when to route inquiries to next level.
· Customer Service and professionalism is a must
· Experience in residential, eating disorders, and/or substance abuse treatment.
· Experience in Telehealth delivery, operations and quality preferred
· Ability to work professionally with sensitive, proprietary data & information while maintaining confidentiality.