Recovery Centers of America at King of Prussia
The DBA/Data Architect position will be required to perform the database administration, query development and tuning, assist developers with complex queries and coach teams on how to apply the principles of data management and query. The role will guide the architecture, migration, and optimization of data across our technical data platform.
· Oversee Database, Metadata management, involving clustering, caching, indexing and partitions
· Develop, maintain, and review data processes and architecture, including data migration, integration and transformation solutions
· Create the architectural vision for the database needs of a mobile platform that will need to grow 100x in capacity within 12-18 months. Ensure proper balance of future scalability with responsible near-term cost management.
· Work closely with team members to optimize database queries, loads, etc.
· Effectively manage day-to-day tasks in coordination with a team of developers and stakeholders to meet deliverables
· Strong programming capabilities in SQL and other DB technologies– Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Views, Transactions, Data Flow
· Participate in the physical database design process. Ensures databases provide required functionality to meet identified business needs. Implements databases for testing and production
· Assist in monitoring capacity and performance for test and production databases to ensure they are reliable, efficient, cost effective, and provide the required functionality
· Assist in analyzing and diagnosing problems reported to the support and operations teams
· Work with the technology teams in the data modelling and database design of product and efficient SQL for fast application performance, including advanced architectural techniques
· Assist in DevOps, working with Architects and Engineers to automate code promotion and deployment up the stack of environments, ensuring successful, repeatable deployments through Production, with consistent quality
· Performance Optimization — Performance monitoring, measurement, and capacity planning of Production Software solutions, recommending changes to products and "standardized" System configurations
· Participate in regular code review for all new code deployment efforts as code is advanced through the development life cycle
· Lead the development of data governance model for data access control, data definition process and data stewardship
· Stay current on health care data governance and management and software development trends and best practices and cloud service offerings
· Manage data related requests or issues, and provide efficient resolution
· Manage end-to-end lifecycle for a range of technical platform components and data capabilities from ideation through deployment and ongoing product operations; ensure the ongoing health and quality of product
· Define product requirements and work with team to implement, monitor product performance and manage operational costs, with ultimate responsibility for the customer experience
· Lead projects and initiatives to completion
· Take ownership over the management of processes and projects
Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 5+ years database product knowledge preferred with 3 years of demonstrated experience in structured enterprise architecture, including definition of standards and guidelines for application design, implementation and ongoing support across a broad spectrum
· 3+ years of experience with cloud database management, preferably AWS.
· MDM experience (preferred) to help with data governance efforts
· Hands on clinical applications management experience
· Proven track record in the development and deployment of programmatic assessment and adoption of emerging technologies
· End-to-end project lifecycle experience including business case definitions, requirement and architecture
· Superior written, negotiation, organizational and presentation skills. Proven analytical ability to solve complex business and technical problems
· Superior interpersonal skills with management, customers, vendors and coworkers.
· Strong interpersonal communication and teambuilding skills to effectively interface with IT staff, internal/external customers and senior management.
· Domain and package management experience
· Resource management experience
· Mentors and shares knowledge with team members