Recovery Centers of America at King of Prussia
The ideal candidate will have experience managing development teams, coordinating efforts based on release schedules, managing and adjusting resource capacity planning, and clear understanding of modern product deployment principles. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. The key to success in this position is an equal passion for delivering new features and operating the current applications at the highest level of quality. The manager must also have a rigorous approach to gathering and evaluating data and communicating results throughout the organization.
- Responsible for application framework and architecture including vender relationships, upgrades, enhancements, etc.
- Introduce the organization to current development methodologies and processes
- Enforce application, architecture and development standards
- Assess existing application framework, architecture and database design, compare to existing industry standards and trends and make recommendations for improvements
- Work with other members of the Operations and Product Development teams to understand market requirements that impact architecture and platform
- Make recommendations on changes to existing application framework, architecture and database design
- Provide oversite and guidance related to software system architecture and database design
- Provide mentoring and technical assistance to architectural and development staff
- Participate in the review and development of technical specifications
- Perform periodic reviews of application enhancements to ensure accuracy and maintainability of developed code
- Provide cost estimates to assist management with project cost/benefit analysis
- Management responsibility for Software Architecture, Database Architecture, Business Intelligence and Interoperability
- Manage and plan work assignments for software development teams
- Manage the estimation, technical design, and software delivery processes
- Manage and mentor the unit testing of all software development activities
- Manage technical standards, specifications, prototyping, and policies that are supported within product development environments
- Manage QA group to ensure adequate test coverage and minimal defect spin
- Work with the Product Management group to plan, estimate, and build quality software
- Work with the documentation team to update documentation product changes
- Work with the management team to rollout, refine, and continually improve SDLC
Education and Experience:
- Passion for technical products, people management and developing engineers’ careers
- Demonstrated management experience of 8+ people
- Demonstrated ability to design scalable systems
- Demonstrated thought leadership with a passion for translating data into action
- Strong sense of ownership, including an ability to promote operational excellence
- Practical experience with software engineering best practices
- Passion for Agile software development methodologies
- Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available
- Integrity: Upholds personal and professional ethics and values, considering the values of RCA and respecting the culture, beliefs and abilities of individuals.
- Ability to effectively deal with difficult people: the ability to respond to difficult customer behavior with diplomacy and tact including defusing anger, creating rapport an influencing behavior.
- Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, clinics, hospitals, or out-patient facilities. They spend much of their time on their feet, actively working with patients.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Expected travel will be 80%