Recovery Centers of America at King of Prussia
The Senior Proposal Development Manager provides consultative support and project management skills in responding to RFPs, RFIs and finalist presentations. The role’s primary focus is in responding to Request for Proposals that lead to an increase in new business and retention of existing business. This person is a key business partner and support resource of the Sales leadership team and needs to be able to speak to current and emerging initiatives corporate-wide. The role interacts with all levels of management in the division and requires the ability to interface across the organization.
The ideal candidate will be bright, driven, and experienced with proposal writing as part of a fast-paced environment focused on meeting tight deadlines. This position will support Sales team by developing winning proposals in response to RFPs.
In addition, the Senior Proposal Development Manager will work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) throughout the organization to obtain up-to-date information about company products and services and will document and build this information into a knowledgebase repository. He/she will maintain this intelligence to ensure accuracy and consistency, as well as establishing a content refresh schedule. He/she will provide expertise in managing content in the knowledgebase repository.
- Effectively and accurately communicates company’s value propositions and differentiators through proposal responses
- Writes persuasively, including critical components of the proposal deliverables, interpreting information from RFP and translating it to align company offerings with the prospects needs.
- Reviews, edits and proofreads proposals and other materials to ensure clarity, consistency, accuracy, persuasiveness and overall quality
- Analyzes and understands the RFP requirements and takes necessary steps to ensure proposal response is in full compliance
- Directs other cross functional team members and subject matter experts (SMEs) to ensure they are planning, strategizing and positioning the proposals response, including developing win themes, best value propositions and graphics to identify company’s benefits to the prospect
- Demonstrated aptitude to exert influence to meet objectives and deadlines, and the ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines well under pressure
- Continuously refining and improving pursuit strategies, pointing out opportunities for process efficiency
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, English, Marketing, Communications or a related field
- At least four to six years’ progressive experience in proposal writing, preferably in the health care or insurance industry
- Demonstrated ability to interpret a proposal solicitation, develop a proposal response outline and identify the resources required to produce the proposal and drive it through the organization
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Persuasive business writing skills and the ability to transform strategic thinking into persuasive deliverables that differentiate company
- Experience with proposal database management
- Ability to organize and complete multiple on‐going projects under tight deadlines with shifting priorities
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- MS Office proficient
Job Knowledge (mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, and is in command of critical issue)
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: None to minimal travel