E00454 – Marketing Automation Specialist
The Marketing Automation Specialist is responsible for the hands-on, day-to-day execution of marketing automation in support of addiction treatment (RCA) and laboratory testing (GENETWORx). Our technology stack currently includes email automation (Marketo), Salesforce, texting platforms, inbound call tracking, event management software, and Web chat.
The ideal candidate can both architect and deploy new software programs and diagnose and manage system disruptions quickly and professionally. The Marketing Automation Specialist will participate in journey mapping and execution to create best in class end-to-end customer experiences and increase engagement. The primary focus of this role will be on email and text channels, but will also support other initiatives as well.
The ideal candidate is interested in building a blend of marketing skills from content creation, to digital marketing, email production and design, technology, and analytics. With guidance from the Director of Marketing Operations, this role plays a key part in the marketing "machine" working to save one million lives.
· Support the design and deployment of marketing technology systems in a fast-changing environment
· Use Marketo to build, deploy, and monitor engagement programs, trigger, and batch campaigns
· Support and/or train team members on program creation for events, webinars, or other easily repeatable tasks that could be managed by end users
· Administer and serve as super-user of marketing automation platforms, employing a Subject Matter Expert (SME) level understanding of captured data, data lead flow process, campaign processes, audience segmentations, data syncing criteria to integrated systems, and ongoing data integrity practices
· Provide day-to-day system maintenance and configuration of the MarTech systems, as well as acting as the first line of defense for program/system support
· Collaborate with marketing teams in development and implementation of key demand creation, automated nurturing, lead scoring, and lead management programs
· Coordinate with content creation and design resources to ensure assets are designed according to platform best practices and compatibility
· Write content for emails, landing pages, and text messages as needed
· Reinforce policies and processes to ensure best practice usage of marketing automation platform (Compliance for HIPAA, CAN-SPAM, etc.)
· Participate in cross-departmental buy-in and understand independent business realities of Sales, Marketing, and Call Center teams to ensure successful rollouts
· Document and maintain all marketing automation platform processes, procedures, Service Level Agreements (SLAs), programs, and technical processes and workflows
· Maintain awareness of automation system release/patch schedules and provide guidance on impact and opportunities to use new functionality
· Recommend and implement new platform integrations and workflow processes to increase the scalability and efficiency of the marketing organization
· Run A/B tests to fine-tune messaging and make incremental improvements to automation efforts
· Regularly report on outcomes and goals mentioned above
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
· 2+ years working in/managing a Marketing Technology environment — client side preferred
· Basic knowledge of Salesforce CRM
· Experience implementing and/or integrating marketing technology platforms preferred
· Working knowledge of website development standards, protocols, and mainstream languages, and their strengths and deficiencies
· Knowledge of SEO best practices and their application in web development
· Direct experience overseeing the development and continued refinement of a marketing automation platform such as Eloqua, Marketo (preferred), or SFMC.
· Ability to communicate effectively to both technical & non-technical audiences
· Keep up-to-date on technology trends, developments, and best practices
· Demonstrated process development and improvement skills
· Demonstrated written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
· Marketing analytics experience a plus
· Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS a plus — not to a developer level, but enough to manipulate comfortably
Communication Skills: Interacts directly with team members, company executives and consumers while doing research. Ability to explain the use of data in a clear, concise way.
Teamwork: Researches creative and media elements in order to deliver the best message through the best channels.
Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manger that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, clinics, hospitals, or out-patient facilities. They spend much of their time on their feet, actively working with patients.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.