Recovery Centers of America at King of Prussia
Position Overview: The Care Advocate VOB is the initial point of contact with RCA clients (patients, caregivers, referents, etc.), and is responsible for handling inbound calls (and/or emails, chats, texts, etc.) in the RCA Contact Center to screen individuals for treatment and eligibility for admissions to an RCA substance abuse and addiction facility.
The Care Advocate VOB will exercise compassion and care in every single interaction while coordinating clients benefits for admission to a facility. The process for verification of benefits includes using online tools to verify benefits, contacting insurance companies to verbally verify benefits, assisting all Contact Center staff in the education of possible patient’s benefits, and/or assisting in all day to day processes involving insurance.
- Promptly receives and processes prospective patient’s insurance benefits
- Following defined policies and procedures, responsible for all phases of the verification of benefits process from ascertaining viability to procuring the benefit.
- Uses online and telephonic systems to verify prospective patients benefits.
- Ensures benefit documentation is accurate in the RCA salesforce.com system and other related systems/technologies
- Responsible for documentation and communication of benefits, including co-pays, deductibles, and all other out-of-pocket expenses.
- Assesses facility and bed availability based on client needs and insurance viability for each facility.
- Works collaboratively with the Contact Center staff, field sales team, the facility, and professionals in the community to support desired outcome for the patient
- Adheres to service levels, goals and metrics that measure the performance off the Contact Center, its staff, and its services
- Adheres to all regulatory and compliance policies while exhibiting compassion, professionalism, and care for the client at all times.
- Adheres to quality assurance guidelines as evidenced by monthly call reviews, daily maintenance of all systems, email, staff communication, and maintains up to date required training.
Education and Experience
- High school or GED Required
- Experience working with commercial insurance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
- Demonstrated experience providing empathetic, compassionate, and professional care for individuals in need
- Outbound call center experience preferred
- Experience using Salesforce and Navinet
- 2+ year’s professional experience in the field of healthcare, customer service or sales in a call center environment
- 1+ years of relevant experience in substance abuse field
- Experience working in a substance abuse facility, Crisis Center, Emergency Room, Triage unit, EMT, 911 Call Center environment
- Experience (professionally or personally) in the treatment of addiction or mental health
Integrity: Upholds personal and professional ethics and values, taking into account the values of the organization and respecting the culture, beliefs, and abilities of individuals.
Flexibility: Open to change and new information, adapts behavior and work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Adjusts rapidly to new situations warranting attention and resolution.
Communication: Ability to communicate with various constituencies in terms that are most meaningful to them; and adjust to crises and public situations.
Ability to deal effectively with difficult people: The ability to respond to difficult client/customer behavior with diplomacy and tact including defusing anger, creating rapport, and influencing behavior.
Initiative: Does more than is required or expected in the job; does things that no one has requested that will improve or enhance products and services or avoid problems. Plans for upcoming problems, opportunities and takes appropriate action.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected