Recovery Centers of America at King of Prussia
Due to growth, we are seeking an EMR Technical Developer/Analyst to join our team in King of Prussia, PA. This is an internal facing role that is committed to assisting our Clinical, Compliance, Operations, and Patient Accounts teams with reporting, data visualization, and possible application development/support. This individual will work closely with different IS team members as well as other teams throughout the organization to gather the necessary data, organize it, and present it in a valuable format.
This individual will focus on specific projects that will ultimately increase efficiency for all teams. This includes querying and organizing data, providing ad hoc research and analysis, and being an all-around data-driven problem solver.
- Facilitates requirements gathering sessions and documenting activity workflows and business requirements
- Reviews and assess proposals requesting changes or additions to existing reports or databases
- Translates reporting requests in order to accurately meet the actual information and deadline needs of users
- Leads creation of reporting business requirements, technical design, testing, and maintenance processes
- Interprets and manages data within relational databases to ensure expeditious access, meaningful relationship, validity, pertinence, and reporting timeliness
- Works with stakeholders to define business and system requirements for new information technologies and reporting
- Ensures report writing is optimized by creating efficient queries and stored procedures
- Types of Reporting/Dashboards/Widgets:
- Deficiency reports
- Compliance reports
- Standard Form reports
- KPI Dashboards
- Widgets (SQL) within EMR
- Manages Crystal Report Scheduler for all scheduled reports and related server maintenance
- Manages all requests through the ticketing system and provides regular updates to stakeholders
- Performs ad hoc reporting and analysis projects
- Provides data analysis and support to expedite workflows, automate processes, and improve the precision of manual processes where needed
- Documents all data and reporting processes (i.e. version control)
- Monitors and measures the effectiveness of development/reporting post-implementation to ensure continued efficacy and impact
Education and Experience:
- 1. Required:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 5+ years of experience in a healthcare setting
- SAP Business Objects/Crystal Reports, Tableau, other reporting tools
- Knowledge of Behavioral Health Field Terminology
- Complex SQL query development
- Strong understanding of relational database concepts
- 2. Preferred:
- Netsmart’s myAvatar
Business Acumen: Maintains and builds formal and informal channels for the flow of work; influences the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; consistently demonstrate behaviors that lead the culture of RCA.
Patient & Customer Focus: Know what patients and external and internal customers value; able to incorporate information and set appropriate strategy and measurements; takes actions that build patient and customer value; establishes and maintains strong patient and customer relationships along with fostering their trust and respect.
Decision Capability and Quality: Review facts and listen to diverse points of view before making decisions. Be able to make critical decisions under pressure and/or tight deadlines with limited information. Willing to take a stand on a decision that may be unpopular but has merit to produce the best possible outcomes.
Dealing with Ambiguity: Recognizes when change is needed and sets a motivational vision; learns and moves on quickly; can decide and act without having the total picture; demonstrates focus and clarity of thought in ambiguous, complex, or uncertain situations; is able to balance the need to deliver with what is best for the organization.
Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, clinics, hospitals, or out-patient facilities. They spend much of their time on their feet, actively working with patients.
Physical Demands: The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.