Recovery Centers of America at King of Prussia
The right section above is for HR coding only.
Responsible for day-to-day supervision of substance abuse counseling services.
- Responsible for the overall direction of all substance abuse services.
- Participate in Policy and Procedure Committee; make recommendations for additions/amendments to Policies and Procedures/ prepare draft policies for approval.
- Responsible for preparing for accreditation and for chairing the Performance Improvement Committee.
- Assesses and develop overall substance abuse counseling services.
- Oversee substance abuse department staffing.
- Provides in-service training to clinical staff on regularly-scheduled basis.
- Monitors clinical records regularly for quality and compliance with State and Federal regulations. Conducts mock inspections.
- Provides training and technical assistance to community agencies as requested.
- Provides individual supervisions to counseling in managing difficult or complex clients.
- Conduct substance abuse counseling staff performance appraisals.
- Oversees substance abuse counseling case assignments and discharges.
- Conducts weekly case conference with inter-disciplinary team.
- To possess the knowledge and understanding of how to recognize and manage an opiate overdose.
- To understand the clinical benefits and limitations of urine screens, toxicology, and other testing procedures.
- Knowledge of CPR and Basic Life Support.
- To be culturally competent.
- Must be knowledgeable of and enforce agency policies and procedures.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Have a Master’s degree in human services, the mental health or social work or social work fields, which at least five years of experience in addiction services, with two of those years in supervisory capacity, and be Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor or Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor; or
- Have a doctoral degree in human services, mental health, social work or medicine, with at least two years of supervisory experience and at least of the following certifications.
- Licensed or Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse
Counselor (LCADC or CADC);
- Certified Clinical Supervisor (CCS);
- American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) board certification ;
- American Psychology Association, College of Proficiency in the treatment of Alcohol and other Psychoactive Substance Use Disorders; or
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Certificate in Added Qualifications in Addiction Psychiatry.
- Individuals who do not meet the qualifications in ‘1’ above, but hold the position of
- Director of Substance Abuse Counseling on _____, will be required to meet the requirements for this position set forth in ‘ 1’ above by ____,
- Must meet the minimum standards as set forth in the Competencies for the director of Substance Abuse Services.