E00114 – Payroll Supervisor
Position Overview: The Payroll Supervisor Supervises Payroll representatives, ensuring that all processes are executed appropriately and in a timely manner. Operates as the subject matter expert and escalation point to resolve issues. This individual manages effective internal/external client relationships within own area of responsibility and builds client relationships in the wider group or unit. Provides guidance on ad hoc reporting for management requests.
- Supervisors of the day-to-day operations of the payroll department including payroll processing with third-party processor.
- Interpret day-to-day business objectives and preparation/execution of operational practices.
- Prepares statistical reports on employee pay for finance team.
- Responds to questions and issues, providing information and developing solutions as needed.
- Reviews and approves special payments and paychecks. Such as manual checks.
- Follow-up with RCA managers as required on timecards. Follow-up on un-cashed checks, calculations of retro or pro-rated pay, tax jurisdiction review and updates, review of address exception reports, collection of jury duty checks, stop payment requests, overpayments, and review of payroll reports.
- Audit’s payroll information for accuracy.
- Understanding of payroll related local, state, federal tax laws including compliance with payroll tax reporting and withholding requirements, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising the department Director on needed actions.
- Review of termination documentation and determination of final payout amounts for terminated employees.
- Oversight of the wage attachment process.
- Ensure all payroll information and records are maintained in accordance with statutory requirements.
- In depth understanding of payroll calculations such as over time, differential pay for shift work and deductions.
- Supervises payroll coordinator.
- Perform additional procedures as directed by direct supervisor or as necessary.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in payroll including supervisory experience
- 3-4 years’ experience in the intricacies of running a full payroll for multiple locations
- Solid knowledge of payroll practices
- Must have thorough knowledge of payroll taxes (including multi state), compliance, cafeteria benefits, fringe benefits, garnishments, etc.
- Excellent customer service, problem solving and communication skills
- Working knowledge of email, Internet Explorer, Excel and Access.
- Healthcare experience preferred
- ADP WFN experience preferred
Personal Effectiveness/Credibility: Ability to promise and deliver results, builds effective relationships and establishes a reliable track record.
Problem Solving: Identifies problems, involves others in seeking solutions, conducts appropriate analysis, searches for best solutions; responds quickly to new challenges.
Job Knowledge: Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues.
Project Management: Coordinates the diverse components of the projects by balancing scope, time, cost and quality.
Communication: Comfortable using a broad range of communication styles, and the ability to choose appropriate, effective ways to communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, clinics, hospitals, or out-patient facilities.
Physical Demands: The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.