Recovery Centers of America at King of Prussia
RCA is making a strong push into digital healthcare and is building a team of top notch engineers to build out new digital experiences for our clients. We are growing fast and need people with a passion for technology and customer experience to help us bring a new level of care to those in need.
The perfect candidate for this position will be someone with extensive experience as the architect or lead engineer of a consumer-facing mobile application development team. It is somebody with an understanding of the full stack and how to tailor architectures to enable developers to rapidly build out new features. As a senior member of the Development Team, you will provide leadership during the design, analysis, development and performance tuning of new applications and solutions. You will create new products, as well as enhance our existing application framework by providing your input and experience in analysis and system optimization.
- Define the architecture and technical stack to support a new digital health platform running on iOS, Android, and responsive web.
- Own and maintain the necessary development environments and tools to facilitate rapid iterative development.
- Design and code applications in accordance with functional and technical programming standards and best practices, particularly as it relates to the security and reliability of the platform.
- Help lead the definition and implementation of an agile development process.
- Recommend the proper tools and and skillsets needed to enable a strong, collaborative development organization, spanning design, development, QA, deployment, and support.
- Collaborate with CIO and team on infrastructure models that will support the platform.
- Participate in the hiring process of the development team.
- As the team’s technology expert in mobile application development, provide coaching for the developers and perform peer code reviews of software enhancements to ensure accuracy and stability of development code.
- Provide estimates to assist with project costs and benefits analysis.
Education & Experience
- 10+ years of software development experience including web app and native mobile app design and development using modern technologies such as React.js, Node.js, PHP (Laravel preferred), Angular, Swift, Kotlin, and Ruby on Rails.
- Preference for experience building, launching, and supporting large user base platforms.
- Experience building PWA, native Android, and native iOS apps is required
- Video streaming experience is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience using containerization solutions like Kubernetes, OpenShift, and Docker
- Knowledge and experience in MongoDB, MySQL, or other database technologies
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical leaders, helping them make proper business decisions based on near-term and long-term technical implications
- Proactive partnership approach to ensuring technology roadmaps align with future business needs.
- Prefer candidates with direct leadership experience (personnel decisions, performance management, etc.)
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.