Data Quality Analyst
This position is not a QA software tester but rather a junior analyst or recent grad testing as a set of reports and dashboards without automated testing. This person should have a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills. The QA Tester will be responsible for validating site content and functionality in various environments. They will analyze user experience and specifications to develop a strong understanding of the project and testing objectives. They will collaborate with other team members, including analysts, developers, consultants, and business users to validate deliverables against requirements and ensure accuracy of content against other data sources. The QA Tester will inspect, test, and evaluate the precision, accuracy, and reliability of company products. The ideal candidate acts as resource for colleagues with less experience. Ultimately, this person will ensure that our applications and deliverables provide the end user the data and content they need.
- Review and analyze system specifications
- Collaborate with data analyst and BI team and contractors to develop effective strategies and test plans
- Formulates and executes tests to validate content and analyze results
- Evaluate deliverables to ensure outcome in accordance with specifications
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Leads in the identification and resolution of problems and defects. Initiates investigation processes, identifies, and reproduces bugs or defects and drives issues and improvements to resolution
- Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the lifecycle
- Collaborates with analysts and development team to identify requirements that will be the basis for conducting testing.
- Reviews and verifies requirements with an emphasis towards product testability and verification.
- Assists in identifying viable test strategies to support testing product functionality.
- Works with other analysts and developers to identify, reproduce and document bugs or defects.
- 1-3 Years’ experience in Data Analytical work
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or any other related field.
- Experience with Excel
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Experience in visualization tools – Tableau and Qlik preferred
- Attention to detail
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Critical thinker with the ability to think outside the box and build test cases that are comprehensive (include positive tests, negative tests etc.) and relevant to overall goals and objectives for the digital space.
- Must be flexible, independent, and self-motivated with an ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.