Recovery Centers of America at King of Prussia
Position Overview: The Credit Resolution Specialist will have primary responsibility for reviewing self-pay and insurance credit balances for proper disposition. Working under the direction of the Supervisor of Cash Control, incumbent will be responsible for a variety of additional duties including addressing all customer service related inquiries around account balances, refund requests, address all incoming department mail, scanning auth letters and other financial documents as needed to the patient account, the daily and monthly reconciliation of cash received via the lockbox, checks received in the office, ACH deposits and cash and credit card transactions processed in our treatment locations. Incumbent will also be responsible for making deposits utilizing remote deposit processes as well as processing credit card transactions. Responsibilities also include posting payments as needed.
- Proactively research and resolve self-pay & insurance credit balances and determine root cause
- Holds primary responsibility for assisting customers with account reconciliation questions and discrepancies
- Process customer refunds timely and expediting those submitted by the ACTS Team
- Ensures account balances are in sync between EMR and all third-party systems
- Daily and monthly cash reconciliation received via the lockbox, in the mail, ACH deposits, cash and credit card transactions processed in an RCA treatment location
- Makes deposits utilizing remote processes as well as processing credit card transactions.
- Establish payment plans with future scheduled payment dates with RCA credit card vendor
- Responsible for providing effective and accurate processing and posting of insurance payments; both manually and/or electronically.
- Responsible for providing effective and accurate processing and posting of client (consumer) payments manually.
- Ensures batch balances following completion of posting payments
- Resolve discrepancies in terms of inaccurate payment levels received
- Meets / exceeds performance expectations and completes payment posting functions within the required time frames
- Performs office related support tasks, clerical duties and/or general office duties which may include creating reports, typing, filing, faxing, answering telephones, taking messages, and making copies.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- May work with front desk staff at treatment facilities to resolve issues.
- Attention to detail, initiative, and judgment
- Must exhibit poise, tact, and compassion dealing with customers
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
- 2+ years experience in a position meeting and communicating with the public.
- 2+ years of billing, payment posting, or A/R experience in a healthcare setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Integrity: Upholds personal and professional ethics and values, taking into account the values of RCA and respecting the culture, beliefs and abilities of individuals.
Ability to effectively deal with difficult people: the ability to respond to difficult customer behavior with diplomacy and tact including defusing anger, creating rapport an influencing behavior.
Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, clinics, hospitals, or out-patient facilities. They spend much of their time on their feet, actively working with patients.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected